Author Topic: Nother Regular Acad Issue  (Read 1578 times)

dfarris75

Nother Regular Acad Issue
« on: June 16, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
A colleague has somehow lost her double-click functionality for editing text, tables, attributes, etc.

The box is checked in the Options for double click editing; the dblclkedit is 1, but it doesn't allow her to double-click to edit anything. She's restarted AutoCAD and her computer she says, but still it doesn't work. Is there another variable somewhere that controls this? Perhaps the cui double-click actions got screwed up?

M-dub

Re: Nother Regular Acad Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »
My double click edit has been 'buggy' in the past... if my clicks are a little 'off', I just hit escape so nothing's selected and then double click again properly and that's always been the most I've ever needed to do.

Double click works properly for her outside of AutoCAD though?  What about the double click speed in the control panel?

dfarris75

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:08:54 PM »
Yeah it works fine with normal Windows functions.

She has also lost functionality of her Delete key on the keyboard. If you select an object in Acad and click the Delete key nothing happens...

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:09:31 PM »
And I just checked the CUI double-click functions and they appear to be intact.

dfarris75

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:14:24 PM »
I figured it out. Her pickfirst variable got switched to 0. Just a short while ago she asked me "what's that command that fixes when you pick something and the layer doesn't show yadda yadda..." and I said pickfirst. I'm nearly positive she turned it on at that point, but maybe not...