Author Topic: Select dimensions by their dim scale  (Read 2890 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
Select dimensions by their dim scale
« on: September 07, 2004, 04:35:15 AM »
i want to get the dimscale of a dimension style for the purposes of a selection set.  Basically i want to select dimensions by their dim scale and put them on their appropiate layers.  but i want to use an ssget type function.  something similiar to the one below.

Code: [Select]
(defun c:a12 (/ sslayer sstext)

(setq sstext (ssget "x" ' ((0 . "100text")(40 . 100 )))); select all text entities 100 high
(command "-layer" "make" "text" "c" "3" "" ""); make text layer current
(setq sslayer (getvar "clayer"))
(command "_change" sstext "" "properties" "layer" sslayer ""); move the selection set of 100 high text to the text layer

(princ)
)

As you can see what i am trying to achieve "i did this with the help of smadsen.com (which one of you guys pointed me in the right way).

i used this routine to find out the group codes that i need:

Code: [Select]
(defun c:xx()
(setq ent (car (entsel "Pick an object: ")))   ;get the entity name of an entity
(setq entlist (entget ent))                    ;get the entity data of the entity

)

it does not give me all of the codes that i need. how/what must i alter in the code above to give me more codes?

am i on the right track?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Se7en edit*
- I have changed the title of this post to match the question.
- I have added code tags to keep formatting.
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

daron

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 08:35:35 AM »
I think what you're looking for is group code 3. Look in the help files under dxf reference-> entities-> dimension-> common dimension group codes

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:21:40 AM »
thanks
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon