Author Topic: Linetype scale problem solved?  (Read 2746 times)

craigr

Linetype scale problem solved?
« on: September 03, 2004, 10:54:40 AM »
Has the linetype scale problem while in mspace, been fixed in AutoCad2005?

We use LT98, and I know I have seen the problem mentioned here before, where the line type appearance changes without modifying it's properties.

(I am looking for more ammo to convince my supervisors to upgrade to 2005.)

craigr

CADaver

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 11:07:14 AM »
Didn't know it was broken.  What is the problem?

craigr

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 12:05:17 PM »
For an example...

In mspace, I draw a line from 0,0 to 3,0 with a line type of 'zigzag' at .5 scale. I then draw a copy of that line just above it. I then do a 'paint' of the properties from the 1st line to the 2nd line and they are not the same appearance in AutoCad, (both on screen & printed.). - Though the line's scale property remains the same on BOTH lines.

The same thing happens if I take line #1 and simply change it's layer or color or ....  The appearance changes as well, even though it's scale property remains the same.

The problem has been mentioned long ago, and the answer given was something to the extent of 'that is a longstanding Autodesk problem. - No fix'.

craigr

CADaver

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 12:14:23 PM »
Dunno, works fine fer me.  This is the first I've heard of such a problem. Post a jpg or the drawing.

Bob Garner

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 12:18:33 PM »
Craig,

I used to drive Lt98 and never had this problem.  I have Lt2002 and no problem.  Wish I could help.

Bob G.

craigr

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 12:19:14 PM »
Funny thing is, it only happens in a viewport. We typically draw totally in mspace - title block & all. But on occasion, I will have to draw with our title block in pspace and the actual floor plan within the viewport. This is when I have the problem. It doesn't matter if it is one of MY original dwgs or if it comes from a different company.

I am suprised that you have never heard of this. I got the impression that EVERYONE has this problem.

craigr

CADaver

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 12:37:16 PM »
Quote from: craigr
Funny thing is, it only happens in a viewport. We typically draw totally in mspace - title block & all. But on occasion, I will have to draw with our title block in pspace and the actual floor plan within the viewport. This is when I have the problem. It doesn't matter if it is one of MY original dwgs or if it comes from a different company.

I am suprised that you have never heard of this. I got the impression that EVERYONE has this problem.

craigr
Just tried again through a viewport, no problem here.