Author Topic: Looking for a new SHX Fontstyle  (Read 1601 times)

StykFacE

Looking for a new SHX Fontstyle
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:01:35 PM »
Okay, so we're in the middle of changing standards in my office. We currently use Arcquick.shx for just about everything, and my boss and I are basically sick of it. It was stylish for him years ago, but now we want a new, normal font. Looking for a good Sans-Serif style. But ROMANS is too.... "bland". Is there any suggestions, or any SHX fonts that anyone here uses that you guys would throw my way? It will be for use in HVAC Mechanical Design & Engineering for plans. We don't do "machinery" drafting here, so nothing too outrageous.

Not looking for a freebie, just looking for some input to see if there's really better out there than ROMANS. Thanks in advance to all.  :laugh:

Bob Wahr

Re: Looking for a new SHX Fontstyle
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:03:29 PM »
AutoCAD deals fairly well with TTFs finally, take your pick.

StykFacE

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:59 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AutoCAD pick up only SHX fonts when using CTB plot styles? This is definitely going to be a factor because we use different colors for different "thickness" of the font within the same drawing. And I don't want to create a lot of Text Styles to make up for this feature by using TTF fonts.

Julie@Integra

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »
Not sure how far these stray from "arcquick" but you're welcome to check 'em out...

Bob Wahr

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AutoCAD pick up only SHX fonts when using CTB plot styles? This is definitely going to be a factor because we use different colors for different "thickness" of the font within the same drawing. And I don't want to create a lot of Text Styles to make up for this feature by using TTF fonts.
Your wrong.  We use TTFs and CTBs alla time.

dtkell

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 12:48:32 PM »
You're welcome to check these out, too.
Not sure if these are atandard or not.
\"What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?\" -Ursula K. Le Guin

Dinosaur

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
You can use them, but I don't think a TTF will respond to the pen weight.  I have found the text to be the same thickness whether you choose the thinnest pen in your pallet or the thickest.  I think they will respond to screening however and you can assign a bold property to the font.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 01:04:35 PM »
True, a TTF looks like itself.