Author Topic: HP Plotter and Print Server  (Read 7694 times)

Craig

HP Plotter and Print Server
« on: November 07, 2003, 02:42:48 PM »
Does anyone use HP plotter with a Jet Direct print server attached to it? If you do, are you able to spool to the plotter or do the plot files stay on your puter then spool off one at a time?

raresp

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 04:34:11 PM »
I'm using a HP 650C with jet direct. the files are spooled one at the time.but if the plotter memory is big enough the computer send files to the plotter till the memory is full. by the same time the plotter is printing. once some memory is freed the computer start to send another file
I don't now if you understand me.

raresp

Craig

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 06:00:40 PM »
Yea I know it does that, since I found someone that might have somewhat the same thing, our system, plotter, jet direct settings must be wrong. Our Plotter has 160mb ram but we can only send one plot at a time without getting an error. When we do send more than one an error come up saying it didn't print but once the current plot finishes, the next one start right up. My problem is the error problem, which really isn't an error. Is there somewhere in jet direct that I can change some setting to make it feed the plt files into the plotter instead of making them leave the plt files on my computer. I know that was a long explanation, I hope it wasn't to confusing and you are able to follow.

I ramble sometimes    :oops:

raresp

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 09:39:34 AM »
I would try first to change the TIMEOUT SETTINGS.
mine is set to 2 min.
The message that is poping up (with the error) is it the usual one. saying RETRY OR CANCEL plot. ? (windows generated) or is it a different one?
Is your plotter set to SPOOL PRINTED DOCUMENTS FIRST or PRINT DIRECTLY TO THE PRINTER???
Where can I send you a word document with clipped images of my settings?

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 09:43:44 AM »
Where can I send you a word document with clipped images of my settings?

You can put the doc on the lilly.pond by going here
http://theswamp.org/lilly.pond/  and uploading the file to some dir. Make your own if feel like it.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

raresp

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 09:47:53 AM »
Thanks Mark
:-)

raresp

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 10:18:43 AM »
Sorry, I was wrong in my privios post. The TIMEOUT SETTING is right (2 min) but for a RS-233-C (connexion, which is not your case!) but if you check I have uploaded a document in http://theswamp.org/lilly.pond/raresp
with all my jetdirect setting. There is also a TCP/IP timeout setting set to 70 (seconds)

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 10:21:33 AM »
Quote from: raresp
Thanks Mark
:-)

You're welcome. Just treat the pond as temporary storage. Meaning, the file you just uploaded might not be there next week.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Craig

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2003, 11:13:08 AM »
I appreciate the help. I will try and look at the doc file later today. I am really busy right now.

raresp

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2003, 11:18:58 AM »
I'm not an expert,but...
By the way, do you have installed the webjet direct admin software???