Author Topic: Interior Elevations  (Read 6084 times)

AUTOKAD

Interior Elevations
« on: May 10, 2008, 07:53:55 AM »
Hello.

For commercial projects. I just want to know what is the standard way of doing an interior elevations. I know some do it wall by wall, that goes around the inside perimeter of the building and some do it by 4 sides of wall only (like a section). I've done a bit of research and I noticed the 4 sides is used by many. A friend of mine says, the perimeter type is an 'old school' of doing it. But the 4 sides is a new way and easier way to do it. Anyway, I just want to know how do you do it? The thing is the client needs the drawing quick..(usual case). And I think 4 sides is fastest way to do it and would have the same info as the perimeter type. Or what do you think? Please advice. Thanks

ps. 4 sides can be easily done by 3d, section then flatshot command. But I don't want to do it that way, straight 2d only (why?..bcos..LCD)

Thanks again

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
Re: Interior Elevations
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:08:38 AM »
I am not sure by what you mean of section but I believe we do it the wall by wall minus the insignificant walls.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

AUTOKAD

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »
We do the same thing for residential, especially on the kitchen area. But for commercial projects (say like Home Depot, WalMart, etc). Last time I did 12 sheets (36x54) of interior elevations (70+ walls)  just to show paint finishes, wall graphics and baseboard, then call out numbers to where the details are..I just think it's too much work for a rush job. Elevating a wall just to call out what tile finishes is it. I just want to know is there anybody who is doing it differently that would get the job done faster. Thanks

Birdy

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »
Why not just do a finish schedule by room?
Room 100:
base profile, casing profile, wall material, paint color (or number), floor and ceiling material, etc.

AUTOKAD

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 06:53:40 PM »
For a commercial job it's not actually by room. Imagine a building say 250' x 250'. And 80% of the area is retail space. And on the retail space you got different departments which requires different finishes for floor/ walls/ and sometimes ceilings. And top of that you also need to show the graphics that goes to the wall (sizes, types ,etc.). And say for wall finishes depending on the ceiling heights say 20', they might want tile from finish floor to 12' ,..and the remaining (up to ceiling) would just be paint.

Anyone there who worked on commercial projects (shopping malls, supermarkets, groceries, etc..). Any ideas you want to share on how you do your job?
Thanks

pmvliet

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 01:50:02 PM »
Hello.

For commercial projects. I just want to know what is the standard way of doing an interior elevations. I know some do it wall by wall, that goes around the inside perimeter of the building and some do it by 4 sides of wall only (like a section).

I'm not sure what you mean by "4 sides of wall only (like a section".
I've done retail commercial work and we always show it wall by wall.
We will have a front interior elevation, rear interior elevation, then the two sides.

Much like exterior elevations...

HTH,

Pieter

I would be curious to see an example of your other method mentioned...

AUTOKAD

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »
If you could give me your email address I would be glad to show you what Im doing (ie interior elevations wall by wall type).

And
sorry, what I mean about 4 sides is that instead of doing wall to wall, just show 4 sides. Say a box, just section it showing one side, then another, then another. Like a section type.

I hope I explain it. Thanks