Author Topic: Polyline Closure - C3D  (Read 1676 times)

surveyor_randy

Polyline Closure - C3D
« on: April 22, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »
A tech came today with a question and I didn't have the answer.

They were inputting a deed as polylines into C3D.  The deed doesn't close (when do they ever) by about 0.08'.  How would you get an inverse report and a general closure report on this polyline.  She tried converting it into a parcel but it didn't create the parcel because of the 0.08' gap in closure.

What are you guys doing to handle this.  In the past, I would just add an additional segment, create my closed parcel, run a report on it and then manually calculate my precision.  A lot of steps for an expensive piece of software.  And in the report that is being generated, you aren't getting an accurate error of closure nor are you getting a *REAL* inverse because you fudged the parcel to get it closed.

Suggestions?

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: Polyline Closure - C3D
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 03:57:29 PM »
Create a Survey Figure from the Polyline (do not close it). The Figure can then be selected in the Survey tab, right-click select Display Mapcheck, a Panorama opens to  show the mapcheck and direction/distance of closure.

2009 does this much better and without the need for the Figure.

surveyor_randy

Re: Polyline Closure - C3D
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 04:17:33 PM »
2009 does this much better and without the need for the Figure.

That is great news!  I just tried creating a figure in the survey toolspace and it works like a champ!  Too bad it doesn't seem like you can get a nice printable report.  Looks like I'm going to have to cut and paste.  Great suggestion none the less!  and thanks again, Jeff!