Author Topic: Combining multiple blocks and renaming group block  (Read 6937 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: Combining multiple blocks and renaming group block
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 10:35:16 AM »
Hey CAB it works fine but there's one thing I'm thinking will cause a problem in the future that I need to explain. For the left and right elevation blocks I am using an _ before the LR to indicate that this is not a true code but I think there will be instances where I won't be able to use a single block for both because they will be graphically different. In other words the elevation may consist of 3 block names like the plan and it would be treated the same. The routine would just strip the L off the end of the left case and ignore the right as it's core code would be the same. Again it works fine for now but I was thinking that to solve this problem it could ask how many blocks the group will consist of with the default being 2 but if 3 was selected then it would only strip L off the left block rather than _LR. Am I making sense or do you want me to post an example?

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 10:51:50 AM »
Update this chart to include the next generation of block names.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 11:14:45 AM »
OK here ya go. I made the graph true to how many blocks are being used and put some labels and color coding.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »
I don't see a problem with the Alternate Block Naming.
The routine will trim _ and L and R and _L and _R and _LR and _RL

In your Chart I saw no need to select a third block.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »
Correct there is no need to select a third block but I exploded the group elevation block and renamed the left block somethingL and the right block somethingR and tried to run it and when I selected the left block it still asked me for the sub block? I was thinking that for the elevation it was looking for the _LR while for the plan it was looking for L. What I meant was that if if the group block consists of three nested blocks then all you need to trim off the end is L but if it consists of 2 then you need to trim _LR. Run the routine on the block on the right in the attached drawing and you'll see what I mean.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:45 PM »
The routine doesn't care what the suffix is as long as it is in this group, _ and L and R and _L and _R and _LR and _RL
 but it is looking for a prefix of _ or elev_, if it doesn't find it the routine quits.
You named the block testL, if you used _testL it would work.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 02:19:56 PM »
ahhhhhh OK i get it my fault. I didn't realized the exact logic it used to analyze the blocks, cool. You know I've not been wanting to ask you about the creation of the nested blocks because I feel like I'm bugging you too much as is but how hard would it be to have another routine that applies a similar logic for creating the nested blocks names. What I am doing is copying the elevation from the source design drawing using another lisp routine that when I paste it the drawing name it came is placed below as text. This drawing name is the code and will be the core of the block name. The only thing that needs to be added is elev_ for the elevations and _ for the plans. I would like to be able to select the text below and have it add the prefix and create the block. I was just trying to figure out how to deal with the left and right  vs. multiuse blocks. I'm basically trying to avoid typing these codes in as they are very similar and I know I will have many errors that way. Any ideas?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2008, 09:42:27 AM »
hey CAB how hard would it be to have the routine prompt you for the library prefix instead of having to modify the code for each library. If I was to go this route it would have to remember the last prefix enetered so I don't have to enter it everytime. How hard would this be to incorporate. By the way, I'm getting closer to working out the other part I was asking you about creating the inital blocks based on their attribute value. Once I get that I will post it.