Author Topic: Length of Polyline request- 2 part question  (Read 1941 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Length of Polyline request- 2 part question
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »
I have a question, does LT work with a compiled .Net exe?  I dont have LT nor do I have the full version of VS, so I am mostly curious if LT can work with a .Net exe.  I'm thinking no off the top of my head, but since its an external exe, I'm not sure.

If NO, am I SOL for making any kind of tool that can be used in LT?  Seems like a duhism, yea, your screwed, but I need to ask.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Length of Polyline request- 2 part question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
Well, lets just look at the basics here ... by downloading and installing the .NET architecture libraries from Autodesk, you agree to not use them to develop any addon for use with AutoCAD LT (among other Autodesk programs). If you don't use the Autodesk libraries then I suppose this does not apply. On the other hand, while it is entirely possible to create an EXE to work with LT through a series of calls to the classes that make up the program, since it is an external program, the marshalling would likely be detrimental to performance.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Length of Polyline request- 2 part question
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 11:14:05 AM »
thats what I thought in a very round about way of beating the bushes.  Thanks Keith.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)