CAD Forums > CAD General

Attributes in block, but not showing in Block editor

(1/4) > >>

jonesy:
I've got that TGI Friday feeling  :-) and I have a feeliing I'm having a "moment"

I have a drawing frame come from a client and I need to edit the attribut definitions to something other than "*"

I have tried opening the block in the block editor, but there are no attributes in the block. However I can edit the attributes if I double click on one (trouble is, as the attribute tags are all called * its difficult to to figure what text to put where.)

Before I roll this out to the whole company, I need to get this drawing to work.

Any ideas how I can get to the attributes to redefine them?

Many thanks in advance
T  :-)

Chuck Gabriel:
One thing that has bitten me before is I assumed the attributes were part of the title block, but they were actually in a separate block called tb-info or something like that.  Could that be what's happening to you?

jonesy:
Thanks for your reply Chuck

Looking at the block theres just 2 parts to it (the original block and a block that has 1 attribute assigned). I cant select the attributes (theres no grips), but if I double click, I can enter my text. If I explode the block, the attributes disappear, and like I said, they are not there in the block editor.

All I want to do is change the tags :( I dont want to mess with a client border too much

Rob...:
After assigning a generic value to all of the attributes i.e. XXX, use burst instead of explode. Burst works similar to explode but keeps the values that you assigned to the attributes.

jonesy:
Thanks for that Rob. I'd thought about using that, but it means I'd completely need to rebuild this block... as the attributes then become text.

I guess I was looking for a "lazy" way or hoping that I'd missed something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version