Author Topic: question about right click customization  (Read 2604 times)

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
question about right click customization
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:05:04 AM »
one of my co-workers right click customization is not working properly.
no matter what we set in the options in user preferences it just ignores it. for her when you right click an object, instead of getting a list of options, you only get the very generic of options (copy, paste, etc.) - the one you get if you have it set to where if you right click and nothing is selected comes up.
is there some strange setting she has turned off/on?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

FengK

Re: question about right click customization
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
What version of AutoCAD? If it is 2006 and later, you might try reloading the menus. (Just a guess)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:52:03 PM »
You probably need to reload his profiles(ARG files) from your backup and all should be well.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

alanjt

• Needs a day job
  • Standby for witty remark...
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »
i don't think she's backed anything up as far as settings. isn't there a way to just reset the profile to defaults?
that way we could just cuiexport her toolbars, etc. and just reimport them.

i know i did it once when i accidentally forgot to strcat the existing support paths with the ones i wanted to add and all i ended up with were my custom ones. however, i can't remember how i reset the defaults.
can't you add like \r to the shortcut icon and do it that way?
Civil 3D 2019 ~ Windohz 7 64bit
Dropbox

Dr. After

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »
I am having a similar problem.  Have a toughbook that I was able to install ACAD 2006 on.  However, the right click option is dead, as in does not even act like I am clicking anything, unless I am over a toolbar.  Then I get the properties and options to customize and the whole nine yards.  The right click option's is all set up for old school behaviors (last command, enter, etc...) but I still get nothing.

Any ideas!?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »
I am having a similar problem.  Have a toughbook that I was able to install ACAD 2006 on.  However, the right click option is dead, as in does not even act like I am clicking anything, unless I am over a toolbar.  Then I get the properties and options to customize and the whole nine yards.  The right click option's is all set up for old school behaviors (last command, enter, etc...) but I still get nothing.

Any ideas!?

My guess for you is that machine has a synaptics touch pad like this laptop I use, check its properties there.
You might even be able to set up a Tap Zone to act as the right click as well.

Or your autocad profile has gotten corrupted.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Dr. After

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 02:56:11 PM »

My guess for you is that machine has a synaptics touch pad like this laptop I use, check its properties there.
You might even be able to set up a Tap Zone to act as the right click as well.

Or your autocad profile has gotten corrupted.

The toughbook has a touch screen and a touch pad (laptop style).  What would I need to modify?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 03:04:49 PM »
In the System tray you will have settings for the 'pointing device' synaptics shown here:

Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Dr. After

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
Dag nabit!  I can't get to properties like that.  I have a very generic windows "mouse properties" GUI with no additive tabs.  From "Buttons" to "Hardware" with nothing more.  And my buttons tab only allows the button configuration to switch, no assigning buttons or anything.  When I switch them, it still acts the same, just opposite buttons.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
I can't comment further; as with this particular laptop, even going to Start>>Control Panel>>Mouse
It also pops the Synaptic touch Pad settings.

And as Panasonic's wants one to register to search their support pages, not going to do it, I can guide you no further.
This might suggest you need to install proper software for the touch pad.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

Dr. After

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »
I can't comment further

No worries and thanks for the help.  If I find a solution, I will post it.  I think it has to do with the touchscreen and touchpad working hand in hand.  So when the mouse pointer is used, something happens with the right click.  Like I said, it works fine for everything except the drawing area of ACAD.  I dunno...

Dr. After

!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 05:22:43 PM »
Semi-solution:

I started toying around with the shortcutmenu variables and option "2" seems to work for what I need.  Though I don't need the shortcutmenu for right clicking on a selected piece (edit mode), I also don't ever use that, so it shouldn't get in my way.  Why my "enter" and "last command" only work when some other variable is on is beyond me, but at least I am not longer riding my space bar!