Author Topic: Demonstrable Bugs and Deficiencies List ( AutoCAD )  (Read 18023 times)

Josh Nieman

Re: Demonstrable Bugs and Deficiencies List ( AutoCAD )
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2008, 04:30:37 PM »
Let me make sure I'm clear:

1) Select table cell so that only one cell is active.  It will have the 4 grips at midpoint of each side, and the highlighted perimeter.
2)  Double click inside the cell.

3?)  It returns the following for me:
Code: [Select]
Command: Specify opposite corner:
Invalid window specification.

It puts me into the cell. I'm running 2009, OOTB, and don't have any other versions I can test at the moment. Have you customized any double-click actions?

Man... this is weird.  I'll check, but I don't ever remember customizing double-click actions for anything like this, let alone tables.

Nope, just checked the CUI... no double-click customizations or overrides.  I used the migration tool from 2007-08, and then from 08-09 (though did a repair installation on 09, but doubt that would affect user customizations)

I've had the problem since 06 for sure, and since I didn't use the migration tool from 06-07, if it was a problem with any customizations, I would think the carrying-over would stop there.

I'm perplexed.  I'm going to go check other users' computers here.  I'm the only one on 2009, so their results would apply to 08 and I think one still on 07.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2008, 04:34:56 PM »
Well dang, Kate, you got me.

The two users I described the issue to, verbally agreed with me, and I just believed 'em.  They're the more CAD adept in the office so I took their word for it.  I went and asked them to show me, this time, and they were not clear on my instructions, and were mistaken in what I was after.

Theirs work just as expected.  Even when a cell is highlighted, it enters into the cell to bring up the blinking text cursor.

I don't get it.  *scratches head*

Maybe at some point, I'll have to compare double-click actions, although right now, the only double-click action I see for "tables" is the one that opens the properties window.  I don't see how to customize the actual table cell itself.  Maybe I'd have to create a new one altogether, to get the function I desire.

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2008, 10:59:20 PM »
Using QSelect, and selecting xref, the listing of Properties is not able to show Name or other fileds below. We jumped from 2006 [no issue] to 2008, so I am not sure if 2007 was already buggy! :pissed:

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
Using QSelect, and selecting xref, the listing of Properties is not able to show Name or other fileds below. We jumped from 2006 [no issue] to 2008, so I am not sure if 2007 was already buggy! :pissed:

Are you using Vanilla?  I'm running MEP '08 and it works fine, and if I recall, it worked in ABS '07 and LDT '07.

sinc

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2008, 11:36:59 AM »
I know something that would make me very happy is if I could reliably Publish from the Sheet Set Manager.  It seems like I never had a problem with this in 2006, and ever since, it's been a nightmare.  It's reached the point where I dread hitting that Publish button.  I've figured out lots of tricks that help, like moving the order of layout tabs around to fix the Uninitialized Layout problem, and setting PUBLISHCOLLATE to 0, etc.  But it can be a real nightmare just trying to publish a sheet set.

I just now wanted to create a DWF of one of our old jobs.  After fighting with it for an hour, with crash after crash containing no error messages whatsoever, I finally gave up, and plotted each page to a DWF individually.  When I plot a page to DWF, it takes maybe 2 seconds.  Publish spins for 30 seconds to a minute, then I hear a bunch of dings, and the background Publish thread crashes.  Of course, now I have five separate DWFs, and as far as I know, there is no way to combine multiple DWFs into a single DWF.  So I guess now I'll plot each DWF to a PDF, then use Adobe PDF to create a single PDF containing all five pages.  That will work for what I want.

FengK

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2008, 12:26:09 PM »
and as far as I know, there is no way to combine multiple DWFs into a single DWF. 

Sinc, I remember being able to drag & drop multiple DWFs in Autodesk Design Review.

sinc

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2008, 04:52:47 PM »
Really?  It never occurred to me to try drag-n-drop - I kept looking for some menu command to append or import another file, or combine open files, or select a set of DWFs to combine...  stuff like that.  It didn't occur to me that I needed to open Explorer, browse to the directory containing the DWFs, and then drag-n-drop...

Oh well.  The task at hand is done now.  I'll give that a try next time.

Serge J. Gianolla

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2008, 06:08:53 PM »

Are you using Vanilla?  I'm running MEP '08 and it works fine, and if I recall, it worked in ABS '07 and LDT '07.

Ciao Matt,
Oops didn't phrase it well, did I? What I meant was if you click on Name... do you get a value? 20 licences on a site office. different hardware, same issue!

FengK

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
It didn't occur to me that I needed to open Explorer, browse to the directory containing the DWFs, and then drag-n-drop...

That's how it works. I just tried it again. I had been looking for menus or toolbars just like you did before I accidentally found out how it works.

hendie

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2008, 03:31:44 AM »
haven't checked this one recently but in 2004 if you had a block with multiple attributes... if you made some of the attributes invisible (through code) then when trying to edit the block, invisible attributes weren't available to edit adn the remainign attributes had the prompts order messed up.
This meant that you entered a value for prompt A and the value actually appeared in attribute, C, D or E or whatever.
If you are using methods like this to create BoM's it can really screw the whole thing up, but when I reported it to Adesk, they didn't consider it important

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2008, 05:28:59 AM »
< .. >
This meant that you entered a value for prompt A and the value actually appeared in attribute, C, D or E or whatever.
If you are using methods like this to create BoM's it can really screw the whole thing up, but when I reported it to Adesk, they didn't consider it important

Was that the actual quote ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2008, 08:28:09 AM »
When using Hidden shademode (the one that pays attention to color tables) Tangential lines are displayed, which contrasts to the idea of a Hidden shademode:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=15776.0

Josh Nieman

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008, 08:28:45 AM »
All visual styles introduced in 2007 ignore any plot styles set.  Even the ones that are just linework, and involve no shading.

hendie

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008, 01:22:32 PM »
< .. >

Was that the actual quote ?

Pretty much word for word.. sort of.
They said they could reproduce it but it wasn't considered a major enough issue to consider a hotfix or bug fix

Josh Nieman

« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2008, 02:29:51 PM »
Let me make sure I'm clear:

1) Select table cell so that only one cell is active.  It will have the 4 grips at midpoint of each side, and the highlighted perimeter.
2)  Double click inside the cell.

3?)  It returns the following for me:
Code: [Select]
Invalid window specification.

It puts me into the cell. I'm running 2009, OOTB, and don't have any other versions I can test at the moment. Have you customized any double-click actions?

Ok, I'm not ready to totally put this one to rest now.  Though the few other computers I tried it on within our company didn't do it.. (theirs did as you report) I was just helping a user with the firm down the hall with table formatting, and I noticed he was having the same problem as me.  I asked him to let me see his mouse for a second, to verify I was seeing what I thought I saw... and lo and behold, in his 2008 install of Electrical running as plain ACAD, his double click cell-entry would not work, unless the table was totally deselected.

I know he has no customizations other than a couple toolbars for inserting blocks.  He's a very basic user, and the company has little in the way of standard customizations, and what they DO have, is just toolbars and two extra menus.  They don't even use the CUI, so there's no double-click funkiness going on (I checked to verify, he'd never even seen the CUI before)