Author Topic: object styles  (Read 5449 times)

ryandk

object styles
« on: August 25, 2004, 04:55:09 PM »
I have a instance where I have a door style (hinged-single (exist)).  If I insert it from the tool palette everything is fine.  Correct layer, right linetype, etc.  Next I insert a door from the palette labeled (hinged-single (demo)).  This looks correct as well.  Problem being, if you check out what style the doors are referencing they are both the same (hinged-single (exist)).  Now, just to confuse myself a bit further I used the style manager to bring that same style over from the file they are stored in.  I used the generic door tool and changed the style to hinged-single (exist).  This one however was not correct.  It looked like a regular door.  So now I have three doors, all different layers, colors, opening percentages, but they are all the same style.

1.  I didn't know this was possible, and it goes against their recommended workflow oddly enough.
2.  In order to fix this problem does anybody know how to make a certain style come in on a certain layer?  Doors come in on AR_Door, but what if I need the demo style to come in on AR_Door_Demo?

Thanks,
Ryan

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
object styles
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 05:59:40 PM »
The door styles can be edited manually to place them on the required layers,  you would need to use the style editor for that.
Also bear in mind that if a door style was overridden, and you copy insert that door style, the overrides will come in as well.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie