Author Topic: Assembly Help!!!!  (Read 1385 times)

nlund1972

Assembly Help!!!!
« on: April 07, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
I have created a coridor that I am in the process of scrapping, due to errors.  I'm looking at my assemblies and alignments and trying to decide how best to model the streets.  Currently, I have alignments and profiles down the centerline, gutter edge & property line, prior to doing my site grading.  What is the best way to model the street when the curb & gutter do not necessarily match the centerline?  Should I scrap the alignment and profile at the gutter edge and go to the back of curb?  Should the assembly only go to the edge of gutter, back of curb or the property line?

Thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Assembly Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »
Depending on your assembly you could model all of the way to property line and or back of lot.
Most likely you will want to use something like Outside Land Super, and then be sure to target your ETW (Lip of Gutter) alignment and profile in the corridor parameters. The additional grading could then be accomplished with link offsets to slope, etc. The 'trick' as it were is to name everything, if your link offset must target the front pl, be sure to name it so you know what to target with it.

Post a typical section.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:16:51 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/