Author Topic: Anyone *like* 2009?  (Read 15129 times)

jnieman

Re: Anyone *like* 2009?
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2008, 12:17:30 PM »
Ok so here is my only real and, so far, unrelenting CON for the new layer manager.  It's real time.  There is no "make change, THEN apply"... if I am going down a list of layers to freeze, and choose to click as I go, rather than make my selection and THEN freeze... it's doing a REGEN on the drawing every time I click and turning off that layer.

This can get quite laggy and interfere with fluid user interfacing.  I tend to not hold CTRL and select layers THEN make the mod, because I sometimes mess up and have to restart the selection set process and it can be annoying sometimes... anyways... that's it

It's real-time and that can be a hinderence.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2008, 02:46:05 PM »
@KewlToyZ

I haven't had an issue with memory leaks or crashes so far.  I do notice it uses a decent bit more CPU power even when 'idle' with one drawing open, than 2008, though.

Of course I'm not on MEP but vanilla.

I am not as keen on the menu's being hidden, as I often work in multiple drawings at a time, and use the "window" pull down to switch often... I haven't delved into Quick View Drawings yet, but will try it.

I'm not keen on the extra click the "A" takes, as well as the labyrinth-like mouse moving to get to the right place, either, is all
As far as tracking or flipping through drawings.. this rocks:
Try this attached file in your support folder.
Add this line to your mnl file:
Code: [Select]
; NOTE: use your current local support folder path.
; Do not use shared network folders for these as everyone will have a copy open over the network then cutting into bandwidth.
(arxload "C:\\_KTA 2009\\Support\\MdiTab17.arx")

KewlToyZ

« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2008, 02:47:51 PM »
Oops forgot the file....

jnieman

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »
If that's the one Shaan Hurley released on his blog (iirc) then we have it here.  One of the bosses uses it with fervid love, the other two didn't care enough to try it out.  I gave it a whirl, but found I liked the cleaner screen and drawing space more... I use CTRL+Tab if I only have a few open, and after getting used to the menu browser some more, find it to be a-ok.

jnieman

« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2008, 10:41:49 AM »
bah

Just tried out one of the major bugs I had encountered and discovered that it still exists.

SR# 1-3603497271  was discovered and confirmed in April, and has yet to be fixed.  It was commented on as being major and obvious, on the phone, with the tech, but I guess it wasn't major or obvious enough... or it didn't matter that he thought it was major or obvious.

But hey, I guess I don't NEED to use the material editor...

sinc

« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2008, 12:19:48 PM »
If they fixed all the bugs in service packs, people might not install the new version every time one comes out, and Autodesk really doesn't want to deal with people who aren't on the latest version.  And really, they aren't even too interested in those people; the standard comment is that if you want to have any real impact on product development, you must be in the beta program.  And if that isn't an option because the latest beta release is too buggy for you, well you can always ditch Autodesk for their competitors...

At least, that's what I've been told on the Autodesk NGs.

jnieman

« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2008, 12:28:23 PM »
Beta doesn't solve anything.

I tried that.

Took up too much time with identical results to the issue I just reported here, via support request.

If they want to pay me, then I'll beta test... until then, it isn't worth it.. especially if my voice isn't heard anyway.

sinc

« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »
I've been attempting to cultivate a more laid-back approach, and worry about more-important things.

Like the important topic for today - salsas.  Why is it that many Mexican restaurants have a choice between mild and hot salsas, but invariably, the mild salsa tastes better than the hot?  For example, the mild might have this well-balanced cilantro-onion-garlic blend that tastes great, but there's no kick.  Meanwhile, the hot has a nice spicy zing, but lacks the wonderful flavors found in the mild.  Why is that?

:-D

Spike Wilbury

« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »
I've been attempting to cultivate a more laid-back approach, and worry about more-important things.

Like the important topic for today - salsas.  Why is it that many Mexican restaurants have a choice between mild and hot salsas, but invariably, the mild salsa tastes better than the hot?  For example, the mild might have this well-balanced cilantro-onion-garlic blend that tastes great, but there's no kick.  Meanwhile, the hot has a nice spicy zing, but lacks the wonderful flavors found in the mild.  Why is that?

:-D

Eso suena bien..... se antoja preparar una carnita azada, para este fin de semana y hacer unas salsitas y ponerle a los tacos.... bueno..... :)

Una pregunta es la salsa parte de AutoCAD 2009.... viene con salsa?.....    :lol:

sinc

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »
If it doesn't, maybe it should.  Might make it easier to swallow Civil-3D.   :-D