Author Topic: Anyone *like* 2009?  (Read 15072 times)

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: Anyone *like* 2009?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2008, 03:28:22 PM »
I've  had 3 shortcuts throw a wobbler so far.
I open up the 2008 pgp and copy the custom shortcuts at the end and paste them to the 2009 pgp at the end.
R,         *REC  had to be changed to  R,         *RECTANG    as  R,         *RECTANGLE didn't work.
Not a big deal but it's worked for the last 3 versions and now it throws a wobbler and why would if fail?

KewlToyZ

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2008, 03:37:30 PM »
checked for duplicate keys?

KewlToyZ

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »
So far, DWF does not compose properly using my 2008 publishing configuration files either.

A few items I am noticing:
I don't need the blank dll files for every custom or stock cui file anymore.
This was a huge problem with the other interfaces previously.
Any networked files I could watch AutoCAD's performance get downright miserable as it searched for dll files I never called for including the acad.dll when just using osnaps! I used Etherreal and saw the program pinging my network feverishly for all sorts of garbage. I patched the holes by saving blank notepad files as filname.dll in the support folders. Once it found the filename it didn't ping like mad anymore.

The interface does not hang forever when I try to close it anymore like the last 2 versions have.

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2008, 04:05:56 PM »
[hijack]
Speaking of pogo sticks, saw this on a PBS (I think) station the other night:

http://www.vurtegopogostick.com/Vurtego/vertigo.php3

Check out the "Videos" section.

[/hijack]

Added brackets

I like how that one guy jumps clear over the little kid, completely putting him and his pogo-stick-jumping skeelz to shame!

"In yo' face, kid!!"
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:24:20 PM by Mark Thomas »

KewlToyZ

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 04:56:44 PM »
That was major kewl!

sinc

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »
Any networked files I could watch AutoCAD's performance get downright miserable as it searched for dll files I never called for including the acad.dll when just using osnaps! I used Etherreal and saw the program pinging my network feverishly for all sorts of garbage. I patched the holes by saving blank notepad files as filname.dll in the support folders. Once it found the filename it didn't ping like mad anymore.

Yeah, Autodesk stuff does really bizarre things when networks are involved.  Just trying to export a file or an XML dump to the server out of Civil-3D causes at least a 20x performance drop - no idea why.  The only difference is the location of the exported file - if it's out on a network drive, the performance nose-dives big time.  Similar issues seem to strike operations involving the Survey Database.  I haven't had a chance yet to see if these issues have been addressed in 2009.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
checked for duplicate keys?

;  Make any changes or additions to the default AutoCAD command aliases in
;  this section to ensure successful migration of these settings when you
;  upgrade to the next version of AutoCAD.  If a command alias appears more
;  than once in this file, items in the User Defined Command Alias take
;  precedence over duplicates that appear earlier in the file.

Shouldn't have to.
Another one
Command: CV Unknown command "CHAMFER".  Press F1 for help.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »
CHAMFER, TRIM, EXPLODE, all might be undefined in the MEP.mnl file  :ugly:

Kate M

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 01:24:39 PM »
I've  had 3 shortcuts throw a wobbler so far.
I open up the 2008 pgp and copy the custom shortcuts at the end and paste them to the 2009 pgp at the end.
R,         *REC  had to be changed to  R,         *RECTANG    as  R,         *RECTANGLE didn't work.
Not a big deal but it's worked for the last 3 versions and now it throws a wobbler and why would if fail?
The command name has been RECTANG forever, AFAIK. Your previous pgp probably pointed to a now-defunct pre-defined shortcut. Don't know why they would have taken it out, but it's why my PGP always points to the full command name.

CHAMFER's still a command, so I don't know why that one would break.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
Well... I've gone through about 2 work days of using this software now.

Finally have something worth putting in this thread:

The dynamic spell check is cool.  I often forget to hit SP periodically or before plotting, so having Autocad throw it in my face that I screwed up is nice.  Obviously there're things that aren't in the dictionary that belong in the drawing... but yea... nice feature.  Well done, so far as I can tell.  *nods*

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2008, 03:18:44 PM »
The new upgrades to spell check, xclip and the find are something that I am excited about.  Especially the spell check. 
Just these two sentences above had 4 spelling errors.  Thanks Firefox
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Josh Nieman

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 03:25:02 PM »
The new upgrades to spell check, xclip and the find are something that I am excited about.  Especially the spell check. 
Just these two sentences above had 4 spelling errors.  Thanks Firefox

Oh yea, the xclip is great too, I expect, but haven't had a chance to try 'er out.  That's a goodie.

Oh, and I -like- the fact that you can TURN OFF the rollover tooltips, that you can TURN ON the model/paper tabs (instead of the stupid quick view drawings/tabs)

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »
Oh yea, the xclip is great too, I expect, but haven't had a chance to try 'er out.  That's a goodie.

Oh, and I -like- the fact that you can TURN OFF the rollover tooltips, that you can TURN ON the model/paper tabs (instead of the stupid quick view drawings/tabs)
As long as I can turn off the doo dads I am happy.  And if I can turn the ribbon back into the 08's dashboard.  I am loving that especially when it is on the second monitor. Sweeeeeet.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2008, 03:41:28 PM »

As long as I can turn off the doo dads I am happy.  And if I can turn the ribbon back into the 08's dashboard.  I am loving that especially when it is on the second monitor. Sweeeeeet.

Well... if you're a dashboard junkie, it's my impression that once the bugs are worked out... you may like the Ribbon's abilities moreso.  The CUI is used to customize it fully though there have been some oddities I've read on.  Dashboard/Ribbon is not my style, but I'm not above looking into it... just not before I come to terms with 09 in general first.  It's supposed to be more flexible and powerful and customizable than the dashboard was, so hopefully it's a cool upgrade for you.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2008, 03:49:18 PM »
08"s dashboard was customizable.  I have added my customized tool bar (only one for for the once a month commands) and the two core tool bars that were not a part of the default dashboard.  With second monitor there even less picks or hovers. Two monitors are nice convenience (I wont dig up the productivity horse)