Author Topic: Need Architectural Program Advice  (Read 14066 times)

Bob Garner

Re: Need Architectural Program Advice
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 10:28:41 AM »
I remember starting out in cad, my biggest learning curve was figuring out drawing scales, sizes and text sizing.  Somebody makes a "Cad Card" that has all these listed which could be really useful to Thomas.  Does anybody remember who makes this?

Bob G.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 11:41:38 AM »
www.cadcard.com

I've got a cadcard jr. I can ship to him if he's interested.  Has scale factor, 3/32" text height and 1/8" text height.

Antisthenes

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
there are versions of IntelliCad   'Architecturals'  that have BIM technology

And there is a very large percentage of people who have ADT and never use these features.

rionada

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 01:20:02 AM »
Thanks everyone,

I will be investigating the intellicad options and I will likely have many more questions along the way.

The BIMS technology sounds like something you could hardly do without. It is , in fact, the way I imagine drafting with a cad program. ie: defining wall thickness and drawing walls, not lines, and adding doors, windows, etc from a menu. And, then projecting that drawing(s) into an elevation.

I will report back after some research. In the mean time, if anyone has any suggestions that would aid my search - I'll be back here to check them out.

Thomas

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »
... defining wall thickness and drawing walls, not lines, and adding doors, windows, etc from a menu. And, then projecting that drawing(s) into an elevation.

That perfectly describes Softplan.