Author Topic: Hyperlinks Target URL (VBA) AGAIN!!!!..  (Read 2058 times)

hardwired

Hyperlinks Target URL (VBA) AGAIN!!!!..
« on: March 28, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
Hi,

I did post this question on a previous thread but now as i'm uploading my 99.999% finished project, i thought i'd start a new fresh one..

My problem: Well, the program works (as i say) 99.999% but instead of being able to CTRL+click the inserted block once done and it whisks you merrily to the layout the hyperlink points to, it opens up windows explorer instead. But if you right-click the block, open the hyperlink editor and do nothing more than click ok as soon as it opens, try the hyperlink again and hey presto, it works as it should. So why doesn't it work straight from the program? What am i missing?

If you check the uploaded dvb file for the code, you will have to re-path where the block is inserted from of course and don't worry about when you select a layout from the list, it displays the last 3 characters, thats because all our project drawings are numbered like D01, or L05 etc..

Anyway, could someone take time to check it over and test it, because i can't understand why the link doesn't work straight from the box the way ot should..

Thanks in advance..

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
Re: Hyperlinks Target URL (VBA) AGAIN!!!!..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »
It appears a hyperlink must remain nameless to use the layout view option

'Hyp.URL  Leave this clear
Set HypS = blockX.Hyperlinks
Set Hyp = HypS.Add("")
Hyp.URLNamedLocation = "," & layoutZ
Hyp.URLDescription = "AbiCAD" 'this line is not descriptive

On another topic, your form is large and hard to exit from, I try to make the forms minimal, easy to use and easy to escape from.

hardwired

Re: Hyperlinks Target URL (VBA) AGAIN!!!!..
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 05:28:35 PM »
Thanks Bryco, thats done it..