Author Topic: Psetup in (Plotconfigs)  (Read 8658 times)

ML

Re: Psetup in (Plotconfigs)
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 01:57:56 PM »

Yes, this is true, using (command "pagesetupin" ) would be the same but understand that it is a very extensive LISP routine and not one I am driving but certainly learning from :)

I feel your pain man. However, we did just that; after years of CTB, we are making the move.
I can not tell you how many drawings I have converted already.

CM, if you decide to go that way, I can certainly help you streamline the process.

You use convertpstyles and all that; you can get all that info in help but I have actually incorporated layer translator into the process as well.

Again, in your business, it may not be that big of a deal but in Civil Design, it is nice to see hydrology on shades of Blue; Landscape on shades of green and so on.

It is an undertaken but with your automation skills, I do believe that you could streamline it.

Mark

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
I'm in the beginning stages of converting the company over to a single CTB file.  We currently use three different ones - one for each department (Civil, Structural, MEP).

Yeah... that'll be fun.  :|

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 02:52:18 PM »
Actually it wont be that hard.  Pick shades of colors for the layers, and your users probably wont even notice.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2008, 02:52:56 PM »
for instance, all your Blue Mech layers are now color 160, all your red Civil layers are 11 and so on.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

ML

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »

I am definitely an STB guy
If you can select what colors you want layers to be, independently of lineweights; that is a no brainer, to me at least.

It sucks that I have to use all red to make my drawing plot at the thinnest lineweights.

If I have a layer that has hydrology of some sort, the layer is going to be blue; then with the style, I make the lineweight thickness whatever it needs to be.

We do this though; for existing it will be a lighter shade of blue on a thinner lineweight then proposed, so you can still have contrast between existing and proposed.

It is really not that bad to convert; I would be glad to help out.

To start, just make a copy of your ctb file and type convertpstyles at the command line.

The bigger struggle is to get the users out of the red, yellow, green, cyan, magenta specific world.

Mark