Author Topic: EDIT POINTS  (Read 6268 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
EDIT POINTS
« on: August 20, 2004, 02:05:12 PM »
Is there a quicker way to edit points by moving them and editing the description than going to the points --- edit points --- etc....  or a lisp or something?

thanks!!!!!
Civil3D 2020

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 02:44:54 PM »
You just want to edit their desc. ?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

MSTG007

• Gator
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 02:59:04 PM »
well a faster way to yes... and move them if there in the wrong spot.
Civil3D 2020

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 03:36:55 PM »

sinc

EDIT POINTS
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 08:17:15 PM »
Go to the point settings, on the "Update" tab, and check "Allow points to be MOVE'd in drawing".  This lets you use the standard move and rotate commands to move your selected points around.

You'll probably also want to check "Update point database after move command".  Otherwise, you'll need to run "Check Points - Update Project" after you finish moving your points.  Warning: if you move a lot of points at once and have "Update point database" checked, Autocad may hang or crash on you.

(Note: you can even use Mirror to mirror points, if you delete your source objects.  You have to also run "Check Points - Update Project" manually, even if you have "Update point database after MOVE" selected; Autocad doesn't seem to expect you to use mirror in this way.  It can be useful sometimes, such as if the owner decides he wants to mirror the layout of a house after you already set all the points for staking it.)

If you want to change point descriptions, you can change whole groups at once by selecting them in the Edit Points window and right-clicking on the description field.  You can also export points to txt or csv, open the file in Excel or Word and use their text-editing features, then import the points back into the project...

MSTG007

• Gator
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 12:17:33 PM »
Hey mark

Is there a way to get it to change elevations as well as the description which it already does?

thanks
Civil3D 2020

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 12:29:23 PM »
You mean in one dialog box? I have a seperate app for changing elev.

sinc

EDIT POINTS
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2004, 02:35:55 PM »
In land, coordinate (horizontal) and datum (vertical) adjustments are generally accomplished in two seperate stages.  (Actually, three - horizontal adjustments are applied in two seperate stages, translation and rotation.)  You never really grab a surface and apply a standard 3D transformation to it, since the direction of gravity always remains constant.  Therefore, the various types of transformations (rotation, translation, and datum-adjustment) are all handled by seperate commands.

I've recently posted a couple of Lisp routines to this forum that help adjust elevations - one moves selected points to the current surface, the other datum-adjusts selected points based on a FG profile in the current alignment.

MSTG007

• Gator
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 03:06:08 PM »
Either or... or have another command which does the same as the above...
Civil3D 2020

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2004, 03:52:22 PM »
try this one. change pt elev only. start with celev
http://www.theswamp.org/swamp.files/Public/ChangePtElevation.VLX

MSTG007

• Gator
EDIT POINTS
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2004, 03:55:25 PM »
awesome!
Civil3D 2020