Author Topic: Care to Dyn?  (Read 3371 times)

T-Square

Care to Dyn?
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:35:33 PM »
Hello All,

Yup. It's me again...

I have formed and exploratory committee to determine if it would be economically advantageous to seek the services of an AutoCAD customization Guru. Services required would be concrete reinforcing steel dynamic block creation with wipeouts/masks and extractable data with regards to dimensional data. Possibly more, depending on the results of the cost/benefit ratio as determined by an independent study undertaken by the University of Useless Knowledge.  :lol:

Honestly, I could spend countless hours muddling through the process when someone out there could quite possibly accomplish in a short period of time what would take me... well... way longer. So, time is money right?

(3) image files

image1 -- typical detail I plan on using, all but text and dims are dyns w/wipeouts on bars
image2 -- closer look at how... I think ... the detail looks really nice and conveys information accordingly... yadda yadda yadda
image3 -- a few of the more common bent bars that I would like to dyn

(1) drawing file

Type-02 -- all configurations for a type 2 bent bar for your review, an example drawing (v2004)

Key Points:

Wipeouts on the bars... somehow so that the draworder may be adjusted to create an overlaying effect.. Looks cool
Extractable data of all lengths of all bends for use in table
Of course... minimal file size
maybe more...

Again and quite frankly... I am just trying to see if anyone could... at a reasonable cost... create what I feel will allow me to create a finished product that looks quite nice, displays information in an easy to read manner, is reproducible and has the ability to extract from the dynamic block itself the dimensional data required to output a table like format of all the information contained in it. Extracting the data is a big step I know and could quite possibly be the more expensive part of this whole thing. I dunno. I'm trying to create a somewhat "Old School" approach to detail in a particular area that does not involve the more than useful new bells and whistles Autodesk keeps creating with each new release. Tryin to keep it real yaw.  :kewl:

Anyone interested? Ummmm... and just so you know... hahahahah  :lmao: I am broke.....errrr.... self employed. Just an exploratory committee.. :-)

Thank you for your time.

Bob Garner

Re: Care to Dyn?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:46:56 PM »
Good to see you drawing the bar bends to scale.  Doing that has saved my butt many times from designing unconstructable things.

Have you drummed up some business, yet?

Bob G.

T-Square

Re: Care to Dyn?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
Bob,

A little.

Home phone rings a lot these days though. :-)