Author Topic: Move objects in a scale fashion  (Read 5322 times)

FengK

Re: Move objects in a scale fashion
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 07:49:18 PM »
I'm with Crank on this one. When I'm in the similar situation (if I understood the question correctly), I'd first move all the paper space objects into model space, then make change to the viewport, and then move those objects back to paper space.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 11:04:44 AM »
I'm with Crank on this one. When I'm in the similar situation (if I understood the question correctly), I'd first move all the paper space objects into model space, then make change to the viewport, and then move those objects back to paper space.
But wouldn't that scale down (or up) the text to a different size?  It did on a simple test I did.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Crank

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »
I think that was in AutoCAD2006.

The CHSPACE command has changed with the last releases. So it depends what version of Autocad you're using:
  • In 2006 it was written in lisp (express tool). Sometimes the prompt displayed a different scaling than the scale of the viewport. But I've never had any problems with the result.
  • In 2008 it moved to the core commands. There was a bug that you could only have one viewport on the layout. So I'm using a different lisp that deletes all the other viewports and replaces them after the change.
  • In 2009 this command finally seems OK :)
Vault Professional 2023     +     AEC Collection

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »
I'm in '06, but I don't see how it wouldn't be the same in any release since you are changing the scale of the viewport, so when it brings it back the scale factor for the objects are now different.  Leaders maybe not so much, but text is the problem.  Will test some more later.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.