Author Topic: 3D PDFs  (Read 12517 times)

Maverick®

• Seagull
Re: 3D PDFs
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2008, 10:58:16 AM »
I dled the same file and installed on my laptop.  Works........ ok.  The orbiting is pretty slow.  My laptop is not a cad machine.  The only thing it says on the website is that the ability of the customer to navigate around the model will depend on how much detail I include in the model, interior cab., appliances,trim, flooring, etc.  (size) and the persons video card.  No hardware minimums.   :-(

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2008, 11:01:26 AM »
When first opened, I get an error: "The application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found...", but it opens anyway. Looks a bit dark, BTW.

I'm on XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2.

Something to do with DirectX?  I have seen it posted that it uses DX10 and drops back if needed.  (whatever that means.)

deegeecees

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2008, 11:16:42 AM »
Yeah, I'm on DX9, just did a total OS reinstall recently, and have yet to install anything needing DX10.

Chuck Gabriel

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2008, 07:27:57 AM »
I dled the same file and installed on my laptop.  Works........ ok.  The orbiting is pretty slow.  My laptop is not a cad machine.  The only thing it says on the website is that the ability of the customer to navigate around the model will depend on how much detail I include in the model, interior cab., appliances,trim, flooring, etc.  (size) and the persons video card.  No hardware minimums.   :-(

Thanks Mav.  I'll check the DirectX version, although I thought I installed DirectX as a part of the viewer install (or maybe that was when I installed an evaluation version of AutoCAD 2008).