Author Topic: Annotative Scaling (sort of ish)  (Read 3633 times)

Luke

Annotative Scaling (sort of ish)
« on: February 22, 2008, 08:21:14 AM »
I am just getting into DB's.  I've known about them for a while but just have not had time to dig into them.  And as best as I can tell they are tough to understand in the beginning.

Anyhow, so I've begun creating some for our drawing annotation.  I would like to be able to make each one of the blocks so that my users can click the block and click what title block scale they will be placing it into so it scales properly.  The alternative is asking them to scale manually and that will turn into a train wreck and a peeing contest I don't care to deal with.

So these are currently created to be the size I want them for a 12" = 1' border.  How would I make it dynamic so the could be scaled up accordingly...

I'm thinking I need to use lookups?  But those seem to be the most difficult to me so far.

I guess I'm trying to make them work sort of like the Annotation Scaling in 2008.  Unfortunately we have 2006 and are not planning on upgrading any time soon.

Kate M

Re: Annotative Scaling (sort of ish)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
Don't over-think it. If you want the scale action to happen to the whole block, stick them on a tool palette and set the "auxiliary scale" to DIMSCALE. Only use the dynamic actions/parameters if you want something to happen to part of a block.

Luke

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:31:59 PM »
We do not use tool palets a whole lot.  They take up too much prescious drawing area.  Can get the powers that be to buy larger or second monitors.  So trying to avoid the tool pallet route.

However, even if we were to use the tool pallets, setting the Auxiliary scale to DIMSCALE does not totally help.  If I have inserted a 3/4" = 1' border my dimscale would be set to 16.  We do 99% of our drawing in model space with borders in modelspace and title blocks are scale up or down accordingly.  So if I have 20 different title blocks my scales will be all over the place so DIMSCALE is never constant.  I want to be able to copy annotation from one title block to another and tell it to change to say 1/4" = 1' scale regardless of what the current dimscale is set to.

I think I figure out the lookups but needing a little more tweaking...

Additional feedback appreciated  :-)

Luke

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:40:54 PM »
I think I got it.  See attached, this is doing what I want...