Author Topic: Display Lineweights as per CTB/STB  (Read 5842 times)

Shade

Re: Display Lineweights as per CTB/STB
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »
Thanks for the help. I don't think its worth all the effort to write a lisp.
I just have to let the co-worker its not possible to do what he wants.

Thanks again

sinc

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 02:22:09 PM »
So to skip the beating around the bush and step-by-step... what I was getting at, Shade, was that there's nothing to draw intelligence from in ModelSpace that would tell you HOW to scale the linetype so it shows as it does on paper.  You'd have to pull the plot scale from somewhere.

That's what the annotation scale is.  It's just that Autocad is not designed to use the annotation scale to display lineweights in modelspace.

But the annotation scale is a new feature in 2008, so if you pester Autodesk about it enough, they may add the ability in a future version.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 03:38:05 PM »
So to skip the beating around the bush and step-by-step... what I was getting at, Shade, was that there's nothing to draw intelligence from in ModelSpace that would tell you HOW to scale the linetype so it shows as it does on paper.  You'd have to pull the plot scale from somewhere.

That's what the annotation scale is.  It's just that Autocad is not designed to use the annotation scale to display lineweights in modelspace.

But the annotation scale is a new feature in 2008, so if you pester Autodesk about it enough, they may add the ability in a future version.

Oh snap, I forgot about that... I guess that would save a lot of steps!  Good catch.