Author Topic: Drawing (with image) to PDF or DWF  (Read 4976 times)

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
Re: Drawing (with image) to PDF or DWF
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 08:58:35 AM »
Hi Michael

I have also searched the knowledge base and support on the autodesk website. One of my colleagues have also posted this issue on autodesk's discussion groups.  Check it out at http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=644910

I have also googled the problem. It seems like we have a unique problem.

I have also found this. It looks like he got the same sort of problem. http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5835463

Thanks
Soli Deo Gloria | Qui Audet Adipiscitur
Windows 8  64-bit Enterprise | Civil 3D 2015 and 2016| ArcGIS 10.1
Yogi Berra : "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."

Cathy

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28:34 PM »
I recently installed a hotfix for tif files(http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10189158&linkID=9240618), but it doesn't seem to apply to your situation.

You might check though that you are up-to-date with service packs and hotfixes. 

The other thing I've had trouble with is the compression on tif files.  I think that it is LZW compression that Autocad can't handle anymore.  I've had open the tif in a photo editor and resave it with a different compression. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 09:34:43 PM by Cathy »

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 04:03:30 AM »
Hi

Just want to give you some feedback.

I tried to print it the original drawing to a dwf and pdf with Trueview 2009, but no avail. The same problem arise everytime we try to print a drawing with a couple of tiff files to a pdf or or dwf.

This morning I converted the tiff files to ecw format and insert to ecw files into the drawing, and it plotted perfectly to pdf and dwf, without any problems.  You have to install Raster Design Object Enabler to be able to insert ecw files.

My conclusion is that there is  something wrong with the way AutoCAD 2008 handles tiff files. Atleast I think so.  In the future we will stay away from tiff and rather go with sid or ecw files.

Thanks for all the input and ideas from everybody.

craigr

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 02:20:40 PM »
tif, jpg, pcx - LT 2008 has problems with all of them - at least that is our experience.

We came from LT2005 directly to LT2008 and noticed this right away. AutoDesk changed something.

We have yet to find a work around, other than what you mention.

So we are trying to avoid bitmaps when possible.

craigr

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
  You have to install Raster Design Object Enabler to be able to insert ecw files.

My conclusion is that there is  something wrong with the way AutoCAD 2008 handles tiff files. Atleast I think so.  In the future we will stay away from tiff and rather go with sid or ecw files.

Thanks for all the input and ideas from everybody.

Willie,

That Object Enabler will now allow you to work with the original SID files. I had needs to install this enabler recently to solve similar issue.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Willie

• Swamp Rat
  • Going nowhere slowly
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 01:26:55 AM »
Thanks Michael,

I saw that the list of different images that you can attach have grown significantly since I installed the Raster Design Object Enabler.

I the future, we will stay away from Tiff and stick to Sid files.  Most of the images we receive are in Sid format. 

Everybody that works with images in Autocad should install the raster object enabler.  It gives you more type of files to insert into Autocad.

Thanks and Cheers