Author Topic: Use of Marked Points  (Read 2948 times)

dfarris75

Use of Marked Points
« on: February 12, 2008, 10:05:09 AM »
I really haven't explored the Mark Point and Link To Marked Point thus far. I am now attempting to use them in a case where I am running a ditch. I have created my MarkPoints on two other assys where I wish to attach my ditch and I have created LinkToMarkedPoints on each side of my ditch assy. When I build the corridor it is not attaching the LinkToMarkedPoints to the MarkPoints as I expect it to. I have named the MarkPoints and used that name in the LinkToMarkedPoints thinking that would do it, but to no avail.

Can I get some direction as to how to use these please?

sinc

Re: Use of Marked Points
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:11:11 AM »
Links to marked points only connect to the marked points if they are in the same assembly.  And, the Marked Point must be defined FIRST, i.e., it must be higher in the list when you look at the Construction tab in the Assembly properties.  (Note that you can right-click on items and move them up and down in the list.)

dfarris75

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 10:16:20 AM »
Ohh I see. So in this case I'll need to use something like the lane transition to connect them.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:43:55 PM »
If you are building a channel I suggest that you will get better results using generic links to build your assembly.  I'm pretty sure you don't or won't need too use a marked point.

However when and or if you do use a marked point it MUST be added to the assembly BEFORE the item that will look for the marked point (name).
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
Yeah that's what I did. Generic links all over the place. I used the offset-surface link rather than the transition lane I had mentioned earlier. It worked well. I've nearly completed the model now and will be getting the plans together next along with doing some utility sections.
Maybe I'll post a shot of the model after I'm done. It's only the second one I've built for a real project. Can't wait for that 1600 lot subdivision! Hopefully it will go smoother than this screwy landfill project I've been on lately.

dfarris75

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:28:33 AM »
Mostly complete model. Landfill is in the middle with a pond at each end. There's a swale around the perimeter of the landfill to carry drainage to the ponds and an outflow ditch. How'd I do?

sinc

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 12:24:44 PM »
Looks good!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 06:38:59 PM »
Looks like you are about ready for some more complicated models!  :wink:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 08:41:06 PM »
Yeah maybe. I just hope the next project has a better dataset to work with. This one was monstrous in that regard. I'll have to send you the original file so you can see where I started at. Getting from start to finish was extremely tedious.