Author Topic: plotstyle.ctb "problem"  (Read 19023 times)

M-dub

Re: plotstyle.ctb "problem"
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 05:57:00 PM »
It DID work?  Well, whaddaya know... Trial and error... lots and lots of error.  :-D

Notsober

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
but right now though I'm having to go thru someone else's computer (over the network....)

I can't clean install the printer directly, for some reason... I just grabbed IT, and she won't help. (Not that I care for her help anyways)

M-dub, you're the bomb!

M-dub

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 06:01:27 PM »
:)

At least SOMEONE thinks so!  :-D

Notsober

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
okay, i'm all fixed up! I had to act like IT today... YAY!

now where's my pay raise??

seriously tho, thanks to everyone for putting up with me today!

NO!!!

It only "works" when I go thru someone else's computer to access the particular plotter! When I re-install the plotter on my machine, it stayed the same when I plotted.

???????????????? WTF is goin on ???????????????

Notsober

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 06:18:15 PM »
oh well... i'll fix it tomorrow....

M-dub

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »
D'oh!

Oh well... Guess I'm back to not being the bomb.  :(

See you tomorrow.

Arizona

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 08:09:39 PM »
we use what we call C_S_A.ctb, copied from the server directly to each HD to C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2004\R16.0\enu\Plot Styles
Out of curiosity why copy this file to the local drive? Why not just point all the users to the same file?
Also if another file of the same name exists in the path ahead of this one than they maybe looking at something different than you think. Order of pathing...

M-dub

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 09:38:12 PM »
Both very good points, AZ!  :)

We all point to the same ones on the network for the majority of our printing needs...

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2008, 09:09:17 AM »
I just grabbed IT, and she won't help.

Sounds like a personal problem and/or grounds for a sexual harassment lawsuit!   :wink:

Notsober

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2008, 09:30:23 AM »
we use what we call C_S_A.ctb, copied from the server directly to each HD to C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2004\R16.0\enu\Plot Styles
Out of curiosity why copy this file to the local drive? Why not just point all the users to the same file?
Also if another file of the same name exists in the path ahead of this one than they maybe looking at something different than you think. Order of pathing...

cuz we have a not-so-know-it-all for IT. Engineer also wants things done HIS way, yet knows little to nothing about CAD, nor why certain things are easier. He prefers everything to be done the hard way. Like, for example - he despises my using paperspace and viewports. So he tells me we never have time for him to learn it... sheesh.

but that's why i'm a peon.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2008, 09:34:08 AM »
So did that fix it, and if so, M-Dub, why did you think of that
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2008, 09:36:06 AM »

cuz we have a not-so-know-it-all for IT. Engineer also wants things done HIS way, yet knows little to nothing about CAD, nor why certain things are easier. He prefers everything to be done the hard way. Like, for example - he despises my using paperspace and viewports. So he tells me we never have time for him to learn it... sheesh.

but that's why i'm a peon.

He doesn't have time to learn it, yet he has plenty of time to complain about it.  I've seen that a lot lately so I know exactly how you feel.

Just another one of those "stupid" questions but have you tried shutting down the PC entirely.  I've found that sometimes works when a reboot doesn't (or has this already been covered - sorry, I haven't been following the ENTIRE thread).

M-dub

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008, 09:36:33 AM »
So did that fix it, and if so, M-Dub, why did you think of that

Nope, it didn't work...

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=21381.msg259177#msg259177

It was just one of my "Trial and Error" theories.  It sounded good at the time.

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 09:39:13 AM »
OOOHHH!!! I'VE GOT IT!!!

Just swap YOUR computer with one that works!  Then it won't be your problem anymore!  (sorry, I can't think of anything that hasn't already been mentioned)

Notsober

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2008, 09:45:28 AM »
sorry, I haven't been following the ENTIRE thread).

this "problem" has been a "problem" for quite some time now. Just so happened, it was yesterday that the eng. decided to finally threaten to tell on me if I didn't *fix* it.

:ugly: