Author Topic: AutoCAD 2009  (Read 61243 times)

BazzaCAD

Re: AutoCAD 2009
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 06:25:42 PM »
And here's the Action Recorder in action.... :)
It's a little too basic IMO.
I wish it generated some type of code that could be edited in VBA or VLIDE, but no you can only edit it from the Ribbon.
I guess it will be good for new users with no programing skills.

BazzaCAD

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
And here's some states bar stuff.
What I like: Workspaces are now built into the status bar.
What I dislike: The Quick View Layouts & Drawings. I still find it quicker to CTRL+TAB to switch btwn. dwg's and also find it easier to click on the layout tabs to switch layouts.
Luckily you can still turn the layout tabs back on, they're off by default. Oh and remember how happy you where when you could drag a layout tab to reorder them or Dbl. Clk. to rename it, sorry you lost these features with Quick View, so you'll have to turn the tabs on anyways.... I almost always work with one layout per plot sheet, so the only people I can see this benefiting is those who have a large number of layouts in there DWG's

BazzaCAD

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 07:07:18 PM »
And last but not least for today, here's the Osnaps & other drafting setting in the status bar.
The nice thing here is being able to change these setting from the right-click menu, without having to go into the Drafting setting Dialog box.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 07:22:51 PM »
The nice thing here is being able to change these setting from the right-click menu, without having to go into the Drafting setting Dialog box.

You can already set those from a right click on the bottom status bar in 2008, this isn't a functional difference, just the visual, instead of it saying OSNAP now you get a glyph, big whoop.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

KewlToyZ

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
So they still poked the pooch on multiple drawing tabs...
and the current 2007 arx that works with 2008/MEP is likely broken?

Here is a quick question on reality, does audit actually catch and offer feedback for XREF errors?
Currently 2008 audit is junk, I have extended my 2007 subscription as a backup because it quite frankly caught things MEP/2008 could not even open!
The libraries on the second pass appear useless, they never catch anything and take forever to finish because there are massive holes in it.

Also I have files I can publish to DWF easily in 2007 that 2008 fatal crashes on and can find no errors using batch audit and purge routines.
I'm shuddering at the thought of another pig with lipstick for twice the ram of the current 2 GB.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:47:31 PM by KewlToyZ »

BazzaCAD

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »

You can already set those from a right click on the bottom status bar in 2008, this isn't a functional difference, just the visual, instead of it saying OSNAP now you get a glyph, big whoop.

Ummm no you can't, all you get in 2008 is ON/OFF (maybe one of the verticals can?)

KewlToyZ

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2008, 07:50:28 PM »
Try the multitab arx file with it. See if it still works.
I'm really curious because this is a no brainer if they really wanted to impress with the lipstick...

I like the osnap addition finally a shortcut, but how about turning toolbars on and off?
The old mnu/mns quick toolbar toggle is sorely missed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 07:53:42 PM by KewlToyZ »

BazzaCAD

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 07:56:27 PM »
Oh and here's one more.
The CUI for the Ribbon.
It's a little more complicated now with all the Tabs, Panels, Sub-Panels, Rows, Fly-outs, Spacers, etc...
But at least you can customize it unlike the MS Office Ribbon.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008, 08:00:38 PM »
So it is the dashboard just replacing the menu pulldown in a wierd Vista type way.

How about tool palettes vs. AEC library palettes, did they separate them using the ribbon and can I manage them with the cui now?

BazzaCAD

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 08:01:18 PM »
Try the multitab arx file with it. See if it still works.
I'm really curious because this is a no brainer if they really wanted to impress with the lipstick...

Runs fine, it's R17.2, so no file formate change & no need to recompile code.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2008, 08:04:07 PM »
Thank you sir  :kewl:
BTW, you watch any of that BSG stuff on Sci Fi?
Ever read about the Singularity?
Code: [Select]
http://mindstalk.net/vinge/vinge-sing.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:10:12 PM by KewlToyZ »

BazzaCAD

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008, 08:07:10 PM »
How about tool palettes vs. AEC library palettes, did they separate them using the ribbon and can I manage them with the cui now?

No tool palettes are all pretty much the same. no CUI :(

KewlToyZ

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2008, 08:11:09 PM »
bummer, that means the atc files and export is disabled with MEP still.
Network management means blowing out my client users registry profile everytime I update a palette on the network share.
Or else doing a transparent delete and copy of a new shortcut onto the users desktop using the login.bat for the Active directory users.

BazzaCAD

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2008, 08:14:30 PM »
I like the osnap addition finally a shortcut, but how about turning toolbars on and off?
The old mnu/mns quick toolbar toggle is sorely missed.

Toolbars are all still there. Here's Raptor in it's "Classic" workspace (Ships with this workspace for everyone that doesn't want to try the new stuff)
Note the Ribbon is gone & the pull-down menus across the title bar are back.
Toolbars are now thinner when floating.

KewlToyZ

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2008, 08:19:01 PM »
Are you using Vista or the Zune desktop theme on XP?