Author Topic: Blockwerx Questions.  (Read 9480 times)

hendie

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 08:22:29 AM »
I didn't think a single licence requried a server serial... back in a few

hendie

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2004, 08:30:11 AM »
have you been trying to puchase a client licence ?

I think what you want is either a machine licence or a personal licence
I notice that the machine licence also requires a serial number but the "?" button returns a page not found error.
hovering over the button shows something like "info ..about..blockwerx" so would that mean the serial number showing up on the about dialogue of the BW you downloaded ? you could try entering that and see what happens

sorry I can't help anymore ~ we purchased ours before Byron had the purchase page running

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2004, 08:34:29 AM »
well just tried again and still no go. when i go and select what i want the info page comes up but the amount blank still says 0.00 not 50.00 and when i click submit i get error on page message at bottom?

hendie

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2004, 08:40:10 AM »
try contacting Byron direct..

maybe M-Dub has some more info

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2004, 09:32:51 AM »
Dan, Are you talking about www.cadwerx.net?  I've had problems on that site as well...almost every time I'm on the site.  (That's my only complaint about the whole CADWerx 'experience', is the website...)  Usually, a refresh on each page fixes it, but if you need to talk to Byron, I know he's a real nice guy and easy to talk to.  Here's his contact info:

Byron Blattel
512-775-7815 (phone)
801-760-3085 (e-fax)
byron@cadwerx.net

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2004, 10:11:08 AM »
mdub thanks for the info i spoke with byron and he gave me a few suggestions i'll have to try later. one question i have before i do though. i am really interested in the search capability of the program by description rather than by block name. what i'm wondering is in the search would it be possible for me to enter for instance

1...1/2" CLEAR TEMPERED GLASS DOOR BRONZE CLDG
2...4" X 1-3/4" SHOES W/ BRONZE CLDG
3...ROCKWOOD: 11247-1 SATIN BRONZE
4...DORMA BTS 80
5...LOCKNETICS: 392HD

and it would find the drawing with this combo as the description. we don't always make our hardware blocks so i'm trying to think of a system for being able to search. maybe within the drawings i could make blocks   named dorma bts 80 which would just be a text object then it would be recognised as a block something like that. i need to develop some kind of a system for searching but am still brainstorming, any ideas?

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2004, 10:32:10 AM »
www.docupoint.com

You'll thank me later....;)

hendie

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2004, 10:33:56 AM »
not really sure about what you're asking ~ the version I have doesn't have a search function per se but it does have a filter function

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2004, 11:18:52 AM »
mdub downloading the demo now, looks too pricey for us but i'll at least take a look see. hendie the one i downloaded has a search option and you can specify by title,description, block etc. as i recall. i'm about to try to sort out the blockwerx so i'll let ya know what he advised and if it worked.

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2004, 12:18:22 PM »
Dan, when we first purchased Discovery, it was called DrawingSearcher back then.  The demo has exactly the same functionality as the registered version and when I called to Docupoint salesman actually asked me "Are you sure you want to buy the software?  The functionality is the same."
I couldn't believe my ears!  I'm not sure if that salesman is still with the company but if I were his boss and found out about that comment, he'd be gone.  We did purchase it though.
When you set it up, you'll probably have it up and running in about an hour or so.  It takes a little while to figure out, but it's fairly straight forward.
It creates a dwf of each dwg you index, but then your searches are much more powerful.  Discovery searches each and every string of text within the drawing.  I love it!  It sure beats having to rely on the title fields in our drawing database (AMW) or requiring a drawing number!  Let me know if you have any problems with it.

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2004, 01:13:36 PM »

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2004, 01:14:58 PM »
you just go under pref to the explorer icon, pretty sweet but multiple descriptions would be reallll sweet in my case

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2004, 02:18:24 PM »
Dan, just out of curiosity, have you checked out Hendie's Blockwerx Tutorial?

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2004, 02:48:28 PM »
mmm i opened it does that count. to be honest haven't have much time that's why i'm tryin to get the software so it saves me time, catch 22  :roll: i'll get around to it don't worry. i've asked our it guy about it and we plan to delve deeper on monday

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2004, 02:53:31 PM »
Well, from your previous posts about descriptions and searching and all that, I think the help file might solve your problems....So no, opening it doesn't count! ;)