Author Topic: Blockwerx Questions.  (Read 9482 times)

hudster

• Gator
Blockwerx Questions.
« on: August 13, 2004, 10:07:43 AM »
OK I took the plunge and downloaded it.

But I have a copuile of questions.

1. Is it possible to set it up so omy blocks and slides can be in seperate folders?

2. What is the difference between standard and pro versions, except that it costs $50 more.

3. We have all our blocks in sep directories, can I set up different block libraries without seperating them into folders?
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 10:38:32 AM »
A couple questions of my own...
1.  Do you mean you have say...100 blocks in a directory, but you want to split them in to say...4 separate libraries of 25?

2.  Have a look at the forum on the CADwerx site.  http://www.cadwerx.net/Forums/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=83
I asked the exact same qustion...

Quote from: M-dub
Hey All,
What IS the difference between the Standard & Pro versions of Blockwerx? I saw one post asking the same question, but there were no responses. We're going to be ordering it within the next couple of days, so I kinda sorta need to know asap.
Thanks a lot,
Mike

Quote from: Byron Blattel
Mike,

Plugin capability is the difference. The list of plugins shows up in the Preferences dialog.

Currently there are the following plugins-

AutoDim - Automatic dimensioning of blocks as they are inserted.
AutoTrim - Automatic trimming of underlying entities.
BlkCount - Counts block refernces in a selection of files.
Email - Zip and/or email a selection of drawings.
QuikSel - Create an ordered selection of blocks across multiple Libraries for insertion, xref, etc.
Search - Search libraries or folders for a block.

New plugins will be developed over time. All new builds are free until the version number bumps to 5.0 FWIW, I don't see there ever being a 5.0 because I can add new functionality via the plugins.

Hope this helps,

CADwerx - Applications for AutoCAD

3.  Isn't that basically the same question as #1?  I'm not sure if you can or not....If you can, I'm sure it would be more difficult than what it's worth.  What would the difference be anyway?  Just curious...

hudster

• Gator
Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 10:39:59 AM »
Nah question one was referring to slides and blocks, I want to keep the slides in a different location.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 10:44:47 AM »
Oh Sorry...I misunderstood.
I'm looking into it right now...
Try the forum at CADwerx.net...Byron usually gets to every question fairly quickly.

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 10:50:25 AM »
I actually just thought of something I'm going to ask Byron...My problem over the ATTSYNC thing.  http://theswamp.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2079&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I'm still looking into your questions though.

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 11:20:03 AM »
Ok, I don't know about question 1, but for question 3, I found this in the Blockwerx Help:

Merge Libraries on open - When selected, if a Library is opened it's contents are appended to the currently open Library.
Default - unchecked

I can't figure out how to get it to work though.  It sounds simple enough, but...I'm still working on it.

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 01:28:20 PM »
Why don't you just view the libraries by Thumbnails?  Then you don't have to deal with the slide files at all...
Just a suggestion.

hudster

• Gator
Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 02:58:45 PM »
I use slides in an inhouse menu system I wrote, this has the slides in a different location and I'd quite like to keep them there, and don't want to have two copies.

hendie

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 03:09:42 PM »
as far as I'm aware, the slides need to be in the same directory as the blocks, that's written into the core of the programme.
you could do as Mike suggested and view by thumbnails and that's okay to an extent ~ it all depends upon how detailed your blocks are and how easily identifiable they are using thumbnails. I personally prefer slides because of the clarity.
I'm not sure what you're asking in Q3. are you talking about e.g. you have 100 dwgs in a directory but you only want to show 50 of them in the BW library ?
By default, BW reads all the files in a directory. I have about 500 blocks but I have thme in separate folders and have set up about a dozen or so tabs in BW ~ one tab for each design type and just switch tabs whenever. You can also set up different BXL files and load them as required.
did you read the quicky help file I uploaded ?

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 03:09:50 PM »
Well, if yours are just slide libraries, it might be easier to change the path in your menu.  I know what you mean...multiple copies are just asking for trouble.

Again, just a suggestion.

M-dub

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 03:12:07 PM »
http://theswamp.org/lilly.pond/hendie/BlockWerx-Tutorial.chm

There's Hendie's Help file...It should clarify a few things for you.

hudster

• Gator
Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 04:00:43 PM »
We have all our blocks in the same directory, but they are for different services, each one being called by the menus depending on which services is selected from the drop down menu.

I can't place the blocks in the same directory as the slides, some of our engineers insert the blocks using the insert command, and they fear change, so no go on changing the folder content.
It took me months to get them to accept the custom menu was good for them. :roll:

Doesn't look as if blockwerx will do what I need it to do, still at least I got it to update all my slides for me before I uninstall it :cry: .

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2004, 04:08:39 PM »
how do i order this thing i filled out everything except the server serial number, what's that. if i have to contact the it guy for it that will be a prob.

hendie

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2004, 04:19:33 PM »
what kind of licence are you purchasing ?

ELOQUINTET

Blockwerx Questions.
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2004, 07:56:22 AM »
single license for myself but i keep getting a page error on the site. i think it's because i'm not filling out server serial # but i have no idea what that is?