Author Topic: (ACAD 2006 and older) Landscape Objects - Trees/Shrubs/etc  (Read 4030 times)

Josh Nieman

(ACAD 2006 and older) Landscape Objects - Trees/Shrubs/etc
« on: January 27, 2008, 11:06:17 AM »
Ok so I think in version 2006 or 2007 they did away with all those fine trees and shrubs and stuff... the 'landscape objects' that used to always face the camera, and had texture maps with opacity maps...

Anyways... None of the computers around here have Autocad older than 2007 and I've searched through my computer and apparently it deletes those files when you uninstall or do an upgrade or whatever was done to this computer when 2007 came around (I can't remember which we did)

Anyways...

Is there any way that someone could zip and post or email me the images for those landscape objects?  It should be a bunch of (I think) JPG images for the trees and shrubs... as well as OPACITY maps which will be image files that are black and white.  Basically you'll see a blackout of a tree, and white background (the other way around I think, actually... they actually flipped which color is 'transparent' in Autocad for some reason)

Can anyone help me out?

I'm wanting to put some landscaping into a scene I'm messing with and experiment a bit, but sadly it's hard to find decent pictures that won't take forever to make an accurate opacity map from.

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
Re: (ACAD 2006 and older) Landscape Objects - Trees/Shrubs/etc
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »
I don't have any trees / shrubbery but if you find any by browsing the net be careful you don't end up with drawings created / edited by an educational version of AutoCAD.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Josh Nieman

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »
I don't have any trees / shrubbery but if you find any by browsing the net be careful you don't end up with drawings created / edited by an educational version of AutoCAD.

Yea, luckily that little popup warns you when you're going to open one. 

I've also heard it's much less likely to behave as a virus like it once did, but I'm not going to test that claim....

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 11:21:06 AM »
So if you hit "LSNEW" where does it get those images from?  My memory is very foggy on landscape objects... I only used them half a dozen times when messing around.  When I was on versions of Autocad old enough to have those... I was doing metal fab design, so def. didn't need them.  Now that I want 'em, I lost 'em! heh.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 11:36:37 AM »
Well... I tried one of the goofy looking trees from the Design Center... and they're not too bad I guess.

Attached is the least of all of them.  I have applied no maps at all, it's a block of 3d faces that's just rendered the colors it was set at.

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:31:08 AM »
...they did away with all those fine trees and shrubs and stuff...

"We want.... a shrubbery!   Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!"   :-D