Author Topic: Slope Arrows, etc.  (Read 4049 times)

dfarris75

Slope Arrows, etc.
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »
Can you create a different scheme for Slope Arrows? In the list I see blues, reds, rainbow, etc., but what I'd like is to have one with shades of grey, or perhaps even show them all in one shade. Having a hard time finding info on this. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Slope Arrows, etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »
yes,

After you apply the number of ranges to your analysis, you then need to edit the values shown when you hit that blue arrow.
Edit the values and colors such that they make sense for your needs. And then apply, however at this point the 'theme' you just made can not really be saved for use as your standard.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:13:15 AM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

dfarris75

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:08:18 AM »
And that's what I'm looking for. I'm working on my template. Would it be worthwhile to create a dummy surface and apply the desired colors (grey's) to it's analysis? Does this change the applied scheme itself within the .dwg or does it give you the option to name this new scheme?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 11:15:38 AM by dfarris75 »

dfarris75

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:09:35 AM »
I just tried it. It appears to modify the scheme at first glance.

dfarris75

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:18:26 AM »
Are you sure there's no "Scheme Editor" in here somewhere? :-D

I guess there really can't be since the ranges can vary so much.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »
I'm editing my "scheme" right now,  where is that LIST............... :lmao:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

dfarris75

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 04:41:15 PM »
Another little thing that confuses me a little. Is there a difference between the normal slope arrow display and the slope analysis? If I create a surface and turn the display of the slope arrows on it of course takes the default settings of 8 ranges and the rainbow scheme. When you perform a slope analysis is this any different? If not then why is it even in the analysis section of the surface props if you can just change it in the style?
If I turn on the watersheds there is nothing there until I initiate it in the analysis section of the surface props so why the inconsistency?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 04:59:37 PM »
The fundamental difference is this:

One is a STYLE, the other is an OPERATION

Sure one might go into ones surface style and set the slope and or default elevation ranges and the display properties for same.  However, and here is the dividing difference, from with the surface style dialogs one can not EDIT the Ranges Values and colors one gets to be something useful, nor can one Output the Analysis as a Legend.
I get your confusion, however keep in mind that IF you have these display components OFF and you perform the Analysis operation you will see nothing, however IF you turn these display components ON what you are seeing will be MEANINGLESS until you perform the analysis function.

Be your Best

Michael Farrell