Author Topic: ~menu problems in 2005/3.3  (Read 6453 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
~menu problems in 2005/3.3
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2004, 05:17:34 AM »
as far as i'm aware if you have 10 licences, and 9 operating licenced stations and 1 "non-licenced" version running, and "the other" licence not running, then legally you are o.k.  It may not be Company policy but you won't go to the slammer.  you get into deep sh*t with the software provider but a licence is only permission to use the software NOT the software.

Our IT guy first had 2000 nt running on his machine, changed to XP int the early days of XP (i.e. no drivers for the hadware he was running and it kept crashing) so reverted back to a pirated 2000 NT ( he had to give his original one back, and they wont supply "old" software, they were pushing XP like mad at the time ) but he had the XP CD but he wasn't using it  and the xp licence was a "superior/newer" licence which superseeded any 2000 NT licence he would have had anyway.  He's using XP now  but it got him out of a fix for a while.

mmmmm........ :?
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

CADaver

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2004, 07:18:09 AM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
Sometimes you have to hang the IT guy.
Like a bunny in a swamp.   :D

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 11:13:43 AM »
well i did a reinstall and still having same problem. maybe it has to do with it setup. i'm wondering does anybody know why i would get this (see below) when loading, what is yellow yellow yellow etc.?

Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Text / Dimension Style Changer Loaded, Type TDS to run
Yellow /nText Increment Loaded, Enter TxtInc to run.
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow
Yellow

daron

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 12:59:33 PM »
You usually get that as a return value from autoloading lisps.

CADaver

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »
Quote from: eloquintet
Yellow
Yellow
Are you using "AUTOTABS" or someother drawing tab creator?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 01:23:02 PM »
no nuttin

sinc

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »
Looks like you have a bunch of autoloading lisp that you probably don't want.  Check your search path you have set up in Autocad, and make sure there are no autoload files (acad.lsp, acaddoc.lsp, etc.) in those directories.  If there are, look at them and make sure they aren't doing anything you don't want.

These files are loaded if they exist in the search path.  Autocad's uninstall does not erase files, it merely uninstalls the software so that it won't work.  So, unless you manually deleted directories and files after doing your uninstall, you can still have a lot of stuff from your old installation hanging around.

You should also look at your acad.mnl file and make sure it's not doing anything funky.