Author Topic: Little pearls of Wisdom  (Read 13427 times)

PDJ

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2004, 12:53:21 PM »
Quote from: McRojo the Irishman
I won't work for free if you don't pay me not to work.

Ummm..   That one hurts my brain..

Andrew H

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2004, 04:12:26 PM »
Well, take a donut and have a seat.

I want to know:

if in a building with 4 wall, and each wall has a window and all the windows face south what color is the bear out side.

Dent Cermak

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2004, 04:45:55 PM »
WHITE and he's headed for the suburbs.  :shock:

Andrew H

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »
but if a tree falls on him with a cat in a box, does that bear still have bear feet?

andyanderson

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2004, 09:25:45 PM »
WHERE, in you-know-who's name, is this thread going?

Here I am, sitting in Deland, Florida waiting for hurricane Charley to strike us all dead.  Am I worried?  Naw...I've got confidence that someone in this forum will find out a way to steer it away from me.  I don't particularly care about anyone else - except for Elana, my drop-dead gorgeous neighbor - take care of her too.

I'm sure that some of you can figure out something as simple as moving a class 2, soon to be class 3, hurricane  :D

Dent Cermak

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2004, 10:02:40 PM »
Well, if I were to eat a BIG can of pork and beans, I could probably shift it east a bit. But you would still have a wind problem. Guess that won't do. I need to think on it a little more. Meanwhile Craig or Keith will come up with a lisp routine to shift vectors.

andyanderson

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2004, 04:45:31 AM »
Dent:

EAST a bit?  Better look at a map.  I'm within about 75 miles of the predicted eye of the storm - to the east of it.

I sent some emails out yesterday and, in part, I said:

"Hurricane Charley (should have been named Clyde - after TS Bonnie came through) is due up here in about a day or so.  Lots of rain and, probably, about 50 mph winds hereabouts.  I know my car can do 90 so, worst case, I can do 40 if I have to.  Or 140 if I'm going downwind :)"

Please, please, eat several tons or so of pork and beans, lots of cabbage and face (?) west.  You catch my drift.

Now, as to the lisp routines, I don't have a clue.  I rely on smarter people to do such things.  I learned PUFF (Purdue University Fast Fortan) - are you old enough to remember Puff the Magic Dragon? - but I think that's kinda outdated. :)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2004, 07:40:19 AM »
never judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes...and after that mile you still don't like him, f*ck him, your a mile away from him AND YOU HAVE HIS SHOES.
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

CADaver

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2004, 08:08:31 AM »
Quote from: Dent Cermak
Well, if I were to eat a BIG can of pork and beans, I could probably shift it east a bit. But you would still have a wind problem. Guess that won't do. I need to think on it a little more. Meanwhile Craig or Keith will come up with a lisp routine to shift vectors.
But that would cost us much of Georgia... but then again, it's only Georgia.

Dent Cermak

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2004, 08:17:38 AM »
I'm glad we don't have to worry about hurricanes here. But then, everything tends to avoid Mississippi.

Ron Heigh

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2004, 08:57:06 AM »
Quote from: Andrew H

I want to know:

if in a building with 4 wall, and each wall has a window and all the windows face south what color is the bear out side.

White.

Andrew H

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2004, 09:48:19 AM »
Andy,

well look on the bright side, at least it's not another Andrew!!!

t-bear

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2004, 10:36:46 AM »
Andy.....you still there?  When that sucker picks you up and whooooshes you out to sea, you're gonna wish you was in Missouri.....we'll pro'lly git a sprinkle or two out-a this......
Now....git out-a Dodge....or Deland!!!!!

hudster

• Gator
Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2004, 10:45:42 AM »

I want to know:

White.

Not true actually, it's the snow that's white, a polar bears fur is transparent, as it's skin is black this allows maximum heat to reach the skin to help it warm up faster in any available daylight.

The fur is white because it shows the colour of the light reflected from the fur.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

Andrew H

Little pearls of Wisdom
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2004, 10:49:48 AM »
the bear I'm talking about it fluffy, my pet bear. He has 1 eye, 1 horn and can fly. He is purple with yellow pock-a-dots. And at the time of the original question, he was wearing a green and orange striped shirt.