Author Topic: When is it not OK to REGEN?  (Read 1199 times)

Dr. After

When is it not OK to REGEN?
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »
Why is REGENAUTO even a command?  Why don't they set that as a standard to just never prompt you?  When exactly is anyone saying to themselves, "Holy crap!  I don't want to regen and see my whole drawing like I asked it to with my zoom command!"?

just wondering...
Ted

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: When is it not OK to REGEN?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »
I think thats a Legacy thing from 10 years ago when computers were deathly slow
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Binky

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 03:30:22 PM »
Large complicated drawings on slower machines would be one reason to turn regenauto to off.  Should there be a ton of lines with dashed type linetypes would be another.  LTSCALE set to a low value, [deity of choice forbid] less then 1

Pan...wait.......do this..wait......

You can turn the prompt off somewhere, not sure where at the moment......Just looked it's the "EXPERT" system variable, it has many settings so you should look at them but setting it to 1 will disable the prompt "about to regen"

Dr. After

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:32:08 PM »
I'm on the same page with you on this...  but couldn't they just default that now or does someone still find that notice usefull?

And Sorry Binky, I wasn't looking for help on turning it off, just wondering why it's an option.

Bob Wahr

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 03:34:16 PM »
I guess like most legacy commands, they leave it in so that if someone had routines that took the prompt into consideration, the routines would not be broken.