Author Topic: .NET Graphics Components  (Read 12803 times)

It's Alive!

• Retired
  • Needs a day job
  • AKA Daniel
Re: .NET Graphics Components
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2008, 01:19:47 AM »
Wow! GDI+ Cad  :-D
It seems I have a lot to learn. What I ought to do is examine some of the .NET gaming engines and see if there is something I can use/learn from.  :mrgreen:

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2008, 01:32:42 AM »
There's plenty to choose from, most of them are based on opengl or directx, most have a scene graph etc all set up as well.

when I was playing with java I used their graphics lib (java3d I think), it was very good and easy to learn, very powerfull and 3d to boot, but...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:36:57 AM by MickD »
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

SomeCallMeDave

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2008, 06:47:43 AM »
With all of the above read (not fully understood, but read),  attached is the current Chart.cs

My original question about design popped into my head when I thought about how to erase something.  I know I can re-draw it using the panel backcolor property,  but wasn't sure of the best way to handle that re-draw.

Daniel,  if you want to add this class to your project,  feel free.   I will keep extending it as I have time.   I need it for a work-out log that I am creating (so the timing was perfect).

Thanks Daniel and Mick!!   Trade On.   :-D

MickD

• King Gator
  • (x-in)->[process]->(y-out) ... simples!
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2008, 04:42:46 PM »
My original question about design popped into my head when I thought about how to erase something.  I know I can re-draw it using the panel backcolor property,  but wasn't sure of the best way to handle that re-draw.

In regards to erasing objects, what acad does is have an erased flag for each entity, if it is set it won't get drawn in the next paint event. When you file out your objects, the items flagged should not be written to file either. If you just want to hide something you would also need a visible flag which works the same way only it will still be written to file.

....then there's undo!!

Have fun.

>> Thanks Daniel and Mick!!   Trade On.   :-D
Will do :)
"Programming is really just the mundane aspect of expressing a solution to a problem."
- John Carmack

"Short cuts make long delays,' argued Pippin.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien