Author Topic: Enhanced AutoCAD .NET Project Application Wizard  (Read 20495 times)

vegbruiser

Re: Enhanced AutoCAD .NET Project Application Wizard
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2009, 03:18:22 AM »
Using Kerry's link I found the official AutoCAD .NET Developers Guide which will really come in handy.

One would think, but sadly it is not handy (or helpful) at all.
In what way?;

I've been looking at the guide with a view to getting some assistance for creating layouts, inserting borders on those layouts and creating the viewports needed, and although it shows how to create viewports and create/insert blocks, it doesn't detail how to put it all together.*  I've done this sort of thing using vba so assumed the steps necessary were the same. I can't be the only person that wants to do this, so why haven't they given some good examples that do more than one task?

*At least, I haven't seen it if it does.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2009, 04:16:05 AM »

Mark,
I think I fills a niche.
Admittedly, it would be better in a transportable form, but if you know how, it can be downloaded, and examples of non-preferred language can be edited out.
Admittedly, it would have been handy to have a few years ago, but it is giving current starters a consistant set of examples.

... and I'm not going to bemoan the fact that it could be more detailed in several areas ... half of something is better than all of nothing, and AutoDesk should be encouraged to continue their efforts.

Regards
Kerry
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

mohnston

• Bull Frog
  • CAD Programmer
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2009, 07:44:00 PM »
Try finding anything on attributes, palettes or xdata.
These are just a few examples of common items that I think should be in any cad programming help system *especially* the company that provides the software.
I picked those 3 examples because the help system left me without help.

It's amazing what you can do when you don't know what you can't do.
CAD Programming Solutions

sinc

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2009, 08:09:36 AM »
Just as a note, I've found Autodesk's documentation teams to be very responsive to feedback.  Much more so than any other group at Autodesk.

Every time I've given feedback on the documentation, I've gotten an almost immediate response from the documentation team.  They really like feedback, and they WILL change the documentation in response.

vegbruiser

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 10:52:38 AM »
Thanks for the info sinc, perhaps we should compile a list and send it to them?