Author Topic: Can this toolbar be changed?  (Read 3744 times)

lsaapedd

Can this toolbar be changed?
« on: August 03, 2004, 10:29:01 PM »
Boot Autocad.  Close ALL open drawings.  Look at the toolbar that is left.  It will have 5 or 6 icons(Mechanical 2005 has 6).  The icon on the far left is QNEW.  Is it possible to add an icon for NEW to this toolbar?  You can not right-click anywhere and get the customize menu.  I have been told the toolbar is hardcoded, but the source wasn't absolutely sure.  Any takers?

Jerry

M-dub

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 08:39:13 AM »
What do you mean, 'NEW'?  Is there no button for this on your toolbar already?  There is on mine...

I don't know how to modify that toolbar...yet anyway.

lsaapedd

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 12:31:10 PM »
Quote from: M-dub
What do you mean, 'NEW'?  Is there no button for this on your toolbar already?  There is on mine...

Nope.  The only buttons on that toolbar are QNEW, OPEN, QSAVE, PLOT, SHEETSET, and HELP.

Slim©

• Needs a day job
  • The Dude Abides...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 12:43:02 PM »
Welcome, lsaapedd.
I drink beer and I know things....

t-bear

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 01:27:14 PM »
Hmmmmm.  Mine has new, open, save, plot and  help....

Welcome to the Swamp, Isaapedd....sorry I can't help you.  If it *can* be edited, one of these guys'll figure it out.

sinc

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 02:00:31 PM »
For me, it's just the ACAD Standard toolbar, as easily editable as any other toolbar.  But then I'm running LDD, and in LDD you always have one and only one drawing open.  It's impossible to close the current drawing; all you can do is open another drawing or quit Autocad, both of which implicitly close the current drawing.

M-dub

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 03:09:24 PM »
Quote from: lsaapedd
Quote from: M-dub

Nope.  The only buttons on that toolbar are QNEW, OPEN, QSAVE, PLOT, SHEETSET, and HELP.

What's the difference between Qnew and New?
Quote from: AutoCAD Help
If no template file is specified in the Options dialog box, QNEW displays the Select Template dialog box.

NEW
The behavior of the NEW command is determined by the Startup setting on the System tab of the Options dialog box.

QNEW
QNEW starts a new drawing from the current default drawing template file and folder path specified in the Options dialog box on the Files tab. You can set the default drawing template file to any drawing template file or to None.

When a default drawing template file is set to None or is not specified, QNEW displays the Select Template File dialog box (a standard file selection dialog box).

The behavior of the QNEW command is determined by the Startup setting on the System tab of the Options dialog box.

M-dub

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2004, 03:10:59 PM »
By the way, lsaapedd...Welcome to da swamp.  Stick around...learn and teach somethin'...make some friends.
:)