Author Topic: office is updating from 2004 to 2007  (Read 1806 times)

Notsober

office is updating from 2004 to 2007
« on: December 11, 2007, 08:50:42 AM »
HELP!!

They put Map 3D 2007 on my machine once before, but I was in the middle of an important job and was slowed down considerably (use your imagination as to why) so I had them take it off and put 2004 back on my machine.

And if you don't know, I have my custom menu that everybody is envious of  :roll: but of course, as that I was rudely informed yesterday that after the first of the year, 2007 will be put back on my machine.

What do I need to know, so that I can whip our office manager? (She is incompetent when it comes to ACAD stuff...) I want to make sure that it will be fully integrated to accept my custom menu. We don't have an IT that knows anything about ACAD. I'm practically the only one in our whole office that knows a little bit about ACAD.

Anyboday have similar experience and could help steer me in the right direction?

daron

Re: office is updating from 2004 to 2007
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 08:53:59 AM »
I believe you can load a custom menu into the cui and it will convert it for you, for starters.

Notsober

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 09:13:51 AM »
for starters, that's great, if what you BELIEVE is actually correct! lol.

secondly, I don't want all the unnecessary bs that comes with Map 3D, crap that we'll never need in this office! In which, I really don't understand why they bought Map 3D to begin with!

I remember for the brief 3 days that I had Map 3D on my machine before, I had a difficult time getting my menu to work right.

sinc

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:12:38 AM »
secondly, I don't want all the unnecessary bs that comes with Map 3D, crap that we'll never need in this office! In which, I really don't understand why they bought Map 3D to begin with!

I'd say the bad part is "too bad it's 2007, and not 2008".   :-)

But before you discount Map as being useless, you may at least want to check out the drawing cleanup tools.  Those can be useful for a lot of things, even if you don't get into any of the other good stuff like queries and annotations and data links.