Author Topic: Watershed Label Questions  (Read 2035 times)

dfarris75

Watershed Label Questions
« on: November 28, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »
Two questions:
Can I make the anchor point in my watershed labels movable? Sometimes I have funny shaped watersheds and I don't like it anchoring to the assumed center of the watershed area.
Can I make my dragged state labels refrain from adding the leader on a per label basis? With larger watershed areas I would sometimes like to be able to move the label around within the watershed boundary and not have the leader display. Other times I drag the label outside of the boundary and I want the leader. I know I could have two different label styles, but if I can avoid it I will.

drizzt

Re: Watershed Label Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:41:07 AM »
Can you modify the style by entity, and not the entire style?? I think I remember something like this. I would look into it for you, but I am still waiting for my copy of the software.

sinc

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »
Can you modify the style by entity, and not the entire style?? I think I remember something like this. I would look into it for you, but I am still waiting for my copy of the software.

I think that falls in the category of a "wish"....  At least, I've not seen any way to override Civil-3D styles for anything.  The only option I've ever seen is to create a new Style, usually a child style.  If it's possible to override part of a style for an individual object, I would love to know how.

drizzt

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 11:52:32 AM »
Sinc,

You are more than likely correct. I have only seen demo's, and never actually tried the software.

dfarris75

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:39:39 PM »
Sinc, how would I apply a child style in this case? I set the watershed label style in the surface style. I don't see a way to apply a child style, or even another separate style now that I think of it.

sinc

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:50:33 PM »
I haven't used watersheds yet (I'm a surveyor - we typically don't care about those), but I took a look.  Offhand, I'd say it looks like bad news.

Since the Watershed Style is part of the surface style, I don't think you can have two different Watershed Styles on the same surface.  You could create a child Surface Style that uses a different Watershed Style, but your surface could only use one of the two styles.  So it looks to me like you're out of luck, unless anyone else who uses Watersheds regularly has found something.