Author Topic: Point Groups (C3D VBA)  (Read 2747 times)

surveyor_randy

Point Groups (C3D VBA)
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:21:13 PM »
Does anyone know if it is programatically possible to add points to a point group in VBA?  I haven't found any exposed method but maybe I am missing it.  Thanks in advance.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Point Groups (C3D VBA)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:23:54 PM »
I dont have the software to play along, but what is your point group?  Is it an array that you can redim to larger array or is it a custom object you cant touch (duh, thats why you asked) or do we not know what it is?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

surveyor_randy

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 05:42:03 PM »
What I am doing is creating points one at a time with a loop.  I was wanting to add each one of them individually to the point group specified in my form combobox.  I probably need to keep a running list of point numbers that were added and then append them to the array of existing points in the specified group.  I didn't think that I could redim that array.  Then I guess you would issue an .update??

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 05:43:24 PM »
Yes, it's possible. To do so you must use the PointGroupQueryBuilder object of the PG.

surveyor_randy

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 06:57:20 PM »
Yes, it's possible. To do so you must use the PointGroupQueryBuilder object of the PG.

Sweet!  Thanks, I'm looking at it now with the object browser.