Author Topic: Oce 9400 plotter not plotting everything  (Read 5513 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
Oce 9400 plotter not plotting everything
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:12 PM »
Here i am again with my cap in my hand all humble and shuffliing my feet looking at the floor.

We are using an Oce 9400 plotter (the bain of my **** life).  And for some reason it is plotting incomplete plots.  It plots information on drawings that has been frozen off) and it omits other information that should be plotting.

We are using the most up to date driver from Oce.com.  We are using AutoCAD 2002 (yawn)

Could somebody please shed some light on my predicament.

You humble, greatful servant.

Diarmuid  :oops: :?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:22:09 PM by CAB »
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Re: Oce 9400 plotter not plotting everything
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
Not much experience with plotters here. I send large plots off to the print shop but I have found that using the
plot to PDF file and then sending that to be printed has stopped all my plot issues. Let me say that some people
still have issues with PDF files but I think they are minor. The one that comes to mind is the Text Mask.
Are PDF files an option for you?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 12:23:06 PM by CAB »
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »
I have a 9400 and it works great, but I use a different driver.  Load a test plotter in acad and use HP 750 driver and see if that works.  I have had mine for 8 years (5 that I have been here, and they tell me they had it 3 before I got here) and it is a great workhorse.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:24:32 PM »
My plotter knowledge is limited, as well, but I have to second CAB's suggestion about PDFs... I had a problem with not being able to plot the color table right on our OCE... it was ignore -SOME- of the color table.  I printed a PDF, and sent the PDF to the printer and it worked A-OK.

CaddmannQ

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »
We have the Oce' 9300, and have been using it since R-14 (now on 2007.)

The Oce' drivers really suck and we had lots of issues with them. In addition, they made huge plot files that took forever to process. We switched back to the HP emulation we'd been using on our CadJet, and all that went away, plus the files are 1/2 the size or less.

The only major problem we have is this: Sometimes we have to embed raster files (tiffs usually) into our drawings, and when you do this the plotter hangs if you try to plot multiple copies of such a drawing. Rebooting the plotter fixes that if we forget, and as long as I send the files with images in single copy mode, it works ok. (We don't have a colater BTW, so perhaps it's related to that. I've never figured it out.)

Performance plotting PDF's has been spotty, and so has plotting 3rd party drawings containing some types of images. Fortunately we don't have to do much of that.

Other than these things the plotter has been very reliable. We did a drum and wire change at about 90,000 feet, and there's a little plastic cog I gotta lube once in a while or it squeeks, but that's about it.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 03:51:50 PM »
we have a 9300 also, and it works great using the HP750 driver as well
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Robb

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 09:37:46 PM »
We use an Oce9400 and for the most part it has works fairly well. We've had it for about 10 years. We have some trouble printing PDF's but lately I've been running plots to file (DWF) and they have worked perfectly. PDF's get thrown to the wrong sized roll and need to be trimmed... big headache.

I've had sim problems where text that was frozen or turned off in a viewport was being printed in random place on the sheet. This has happened to me only with text and never lines or objects. The text exists in an xref file within model but vplayer freezed in the viewport... but for some reason it prints. What we've done was change the font and it works fine. I believe the font was Times New Roman. We changed it to bigletr or something like that.

Maybe changing the driver as mentioned abov ewill help. I might try and do the same. I don't recall waht driver we are using. It's been like this for years.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 03:45:27 AM »
thanks for the response guys.  i'll give them a try.

i really apprciate the help

diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »
i've tried the HP 750c plotter drive and everything is Honky Dory.  Thanks a million guys.  I really solved an effing headache here.

Regards

Diarmuid