Author Topic: How many Revit users?  (Read 2503 times)

James

How many Revit users?
« on: November 15, 2007, 06:59:03 AM »
how many people here have moved from AutoCAD to Revit and stuck with it?

i have been using AutoCAD for a few years, and was looking at moving over to ADT (autocad architecture) but now it seems that Revit fits the bill and is more productive....

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 07:01:21 AM by James »

CaddmannQ

• Swamp Rat
  • Leadsled
Re: How many Revit users?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 09:13:41 AM »
From my (admitedly very limited) exposure to ADT, I couldn't imagine anything much less productive, (Well, DataCad,  :evil:  but we're talking about professional apps here, right?)

Anyhow, we aren't using Revit, but one of our clients (who was also a "pioneer" in the ADT mayhem) has taken on Revit and they're pushing us to do so as well.

If we were an A-E firm, and did the lion's share of the collaboration in-house, I'd feel more comfortable about using it; but collaborating through interactive 3-D models just seems like a risky business to me. None of our clients (some of whom are pretty well-known Arch. firms) has ever sent us a real, workable, 3-D model on a project.

Doping out what changes our clients have made to their drawings is a point-by-point PITA now, and really a pain with stuff from the ADT guys, but I can't imagine how this would not be worse with 3-D.

But, still I'm curious; so I'm just starting to look into the whole matter.