Author Topic: Autocad 2008 - Frozen + Free Store Overflow  (Read 9188 times)

Josh Nieman

Autocad 2008 - Frozen + Free Store Overflow
« on: November 14, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
So in -08, I'm just trying to reload the title block xref of a drawing with nothing to it... it actually has absolutely no content other than two xrefs.  I have the model of my stair tower in model space via xref.  I have the title block in paper space via xref.

I changed the title block file, and was just going through the open drawings to reload the TB, and I get to the third one of the 4 or so, and ... it got to 68% and I don't know WHEN this part happened, but it says at the command line

"Reload Xref "X-Model": .\X-MODEL.dwg
Modeling Operation Error:
     Free store overflow.
"

So uh.

Am I basically screwed or what?  It's stuck.  What the heck does that mean?  I couldn't find anything here, and on the adesk fora all I could find was the normal two trolls bickering at each other about how each other's thoughts were stupid, while they didn't actually address the problem definitively in the first place.

Bob Wahr

Re: Autocad 2008 - Frozen + Free Store Overflow
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »
I haven't run into that one.  Have you tried auditing the DWuGs in question?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
Are you on subscription so that you can post it to the techies?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »
Hey, thats a good one. (I havent heard of that one either.)
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Josh Nieman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Are you on subscription so that you can post it to the techies?

Yea I am, but I am not quite sure where the general 'tech support' deal is.

I'm killin' the app for now, and hoping I saved all my stuff recently.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 05:27:08 PM »
go to POINTA.AUTODESK.COM and log in and post the question.  If your "admin" of your autocad hasn't set you up, get them to.  If your the admin, call your local reseller and they can assist in setting you up.  Last but not least, if the reseller cant, they can provide you a phone number at Autodesk to get setup.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »
Start a new drawing and then sequentially open the offending documents via object dbx, passing each object dbx doc to the count function declared here, i.e. (counts dbxdoc) and share the results herein if you dare.

Or not.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Josh Nieman

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:34:50 PM »
Start a new drawing and then sequentially open the offending documents via object dbx, passing each object dbx doc to the count function declared here, i.e. (counts dbxdoc) and share the results herein if you dare.

Or not.

you lost me at open via object dbx.

LE

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
This is the second time, I heard or read about: 'Free store overflow' there is one answer by Tony Tanzillo in the adesk groups... but actually with no solution.

Talk with the adesk support.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
This is the second time, I heard or read about: 'Free store overflow' there is one answer by Tony Tanzillo in the adesk groups... but actually with no solution.

Talk with the adesk support.

That's probably the same post I found.  It wasn't really any solution other than saying to seek help elsewhere.  I apparently have not set up a Subscription Center account yet.  I'm emailing our Dealer now.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
I haven't run into that one.  Have you tried auditing the DWuGs in question?

Auditing the drawings that caused this error (the drawings with the title block and model xref'd) have yielded nothing.  An audit on my actual X-MODEL.DWG yields no error either.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »
I don't have time to post object dbx code but if you trust me zip up all the applicable drawings, including the parent drawing (please indicate which is the parent if it's not obvious) and send the zip archive to cadlabs at gmail dot com and I will do a confidential audit when time permits. Or not.
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

LE

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »
Josh;

Can you do a partial load?

Or... can you rename the titleblock to something else and try to open the drawing again... also, are you able to open just the model (dwg)... no idea if this can help at all

Josh Nieman

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »
Josh;

Can you do a partial load?

Or... can you rename the titleblock to something else and try to open the drawing again... also, are you able to open just the model (dwg)... no idea if this can help at all

to be honest, I've opened all drawings, and they seem absolutely innocent.  I admit I am not as skilled at seeing trouble makers though.  My experience is limited.

I'm not too keen on sending the drawings out, though.  It's not a matter of trust or not, just a situation I'd rather not get in to.  Not my toys to share.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »
No worries Josh; understandable. If someone has the time maybe they can point you to some objectdbx code and show you how to do what I anted up in my first post. Pretty easy stuff but more time than I can offer at present.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:00:06 PM by MP »