Author Topic: Autocad 2008 - Frozen + Free Store Overflow  (Read 9134 times)

Josh Nieman

Autocad 2008 - Frozen + Free Store Overflow
« on: November 14, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
So in -08, I'm just trying to reload the title block xref of a drawing with nothing to it... it actually has absolutely no content other than two xrefs.  I have the model of my stair tower in model space via xref.  I have the title block in paper space via xref.

I changed the title block file, and was just going through the open drawings to reload the TB, and I get to the third one of the 4 or so, and ... it got to 68% and I don't know WHEN this part happened, but it says at the command line

"Reload Xref "X-Model": .\X-MODEL.dwg
Modeling Operation Error:
     Free store overflow.
"

So uh.

Am I basically screwed or what?  It's stuck.  What the heck does that mean?  I couldn't find anything here, and on the adesk fora all I could find was the normal two trolls bickering at each other about how each other's thoughts were stupid, while they didn't actually address the problem definitively in the first place.

Bob Wahr

Re: Autocad 2008 - Frozen + Free Store Overflow
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 05:18:47 PM »
I haven't run into that one.  Have you tried auditing the DWuGs in question?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 05:20:02 PM »
Are you on subscription so that you can post it to the techies?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 05:21:01 PM »
Hey, thats a good one. (I havent heard of that one either.)
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

Josh Nieman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »
Are you on subscription so that you can post it to the techies?

Yea I am, but I am not quite sure where the general 'tech support' deal is.

I'm killin' the app for now, and hoping I saved all my stuff recently.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 05:27:08 PM »
go to POINTA.AUTODESK.COM and log in and post the question.  If your "admin" of your autocad hasn't set you up, get them to.  If your the admin, call your local reseller and they can assist in setting you up.  Last but not least, if the reseller cant, they can provide you a phone number at Autodesk to get setup.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

MP

• Seagull
  • Have thousands of dwgs to process? Contact me.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »
Start a new drawing and then sequentially open the offending documents via object dbx, passing each object dbx doc to the count function declared here, i.e. (counts dbxdoc) and share the results herein if you dare.

Or not.
Engineering Technologist • CAD Automation Practitioner
Automation ▸ Design ▸ Drafting ▸ Document Control ▸ Client
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

Josh Nieman

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:34:50 PM »
Start a new drawing and then sequentially open the offending documents via object dbx, passing each object dbx doc to the count function declared here, i.e. (counts dbxdoc) and share the results herein if you dare.

Or not.

you lost me at open via object dbx.

LE

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »
This is the second time, I heard or read about: 'Free store overflow' there is one answer by Tony Tanzillo in the adesk groups... but actually with no solution.

Talk with the adesk support.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 05:37:27 PM »
This is the second time, I heard or read about: 'Free store overflow' there is one answer by Tony Tanzillo in the adesk groups... but actually with no solution.

Talk with the adesk support.

That's probably the same post I found.  It wasn't really any solution other than saying to seek help elsewhere.  I apparently have not set up a Subscription Center account yet.  I'm emailing our Dealer now.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 05:41:26 PM »
I haven't run into that one.  Have you tried auditing the DWuGs in question?

Auditing the drawings that caused this error (the drawings with the title block and model xref'd) have yielded nothing.  An audit on my actual X-MODEL.DWG yields no error either.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 05:42:25 PM »
I don't have time to post object dbx code but if you trust me zip up all the applicable drawings, including the parent drawing (please indicate which is the parent if it's not obvious) and send the zip archive to cadlabs at gmail dot com and I will do a confidential audit when time permits. Or not.
cadanalyst@gmail.comhttp://cadanalyst.slack.comhttp://linkedin.com/in/cadanalyst

LE

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 05:46:28 PM »
Josh;

Can you do a partial load?

Or... can you rename the titleblock to something else and try to open the drawing again... also, are you able to open just the model (dwg)... no idea if this can help at all

Josh Nieman

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »
Josh;

Can you do a partial load?

Or... can you rename the titleblock to something else and try to open the drawing again... also, are you able to open just the model (dwg)... no idea if this can help at all

to be honest, I've opened all drawings, and they seem absolutely innocent.  I admit I am not as skilled at seeing trouble makers though.  My experience is limited.

I'm not too keen on sending the drawings out, though.  It's not a matter of trust or not, just a situation I'd rather not get in to.  Not my toys to share.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »
No worries Josh; understandable. If someone has the time maybe they can point you to some objectdbx code and show you how to do what I anted up in my first post. Pretty easy stuff but more time than I can offer at present.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:00:06 PM by MP »

Josh Nieman

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »
No worries Josh; understandable. If someone has the time maybe they can point you to some objectdbx code and show you how to do what I anted up in my first post. Pretty easy stuff but more time than I can offer at present.

I appreciate the pointer, I'll look into it.  I don't -EXPECT- that I'll find anything surprising, but I guess if I expected it, I'd already have fixed it.  Everything was made inside Autocad2008 vanilla from core commands.. nothing pasted in or copied from other drawings or anything from other applications.  The only thing I've done outside normal core commands, is xref'ing an architects plan in to build my model on top of, which looks like it was made in Architecture or Arch Desktop.  Can't imagine xrefing would kill me though.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 06:09:07 PM »
what is the ORIGIN of that XREF file? and or the stair tower...?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Dinosaur

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 06:11:02 PM »
. . . Am I basically screwed or what?
Well and truly from the looks of it . . .  :evil:

but try this just in case. -
I would suspect corruption in your host drawing.  You can either make a fresh drawing and rebuild it with the xrefs to see if the new one works, or you can examine your old one a bit further.  First take the xrefs out of the search path so they can not be loaded.  If the drawing fails to open you need to make a new drawing, if it opens up make a different layer for each xref.  I think you can assign the definitions to these layers at this point.  If things are still working after that move each xref in turn back into the path and reload it.  If you get both of them in save that puppy fast, if not I think you will need to try the new drawing route.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 06:16:23 PM »
The only thing I've done outside normal core commands, is xref'ing an architects plan ... looks like it was made in Architecture or Arch Desktop.

{ding}{ding}{ding}

I'll be putting all my chips on this bet.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
what is the ORIGIN of that XREF file? and or the stair tower...?

The stair tower model is 100% basic primitive solids created by me in '08 vanilla, not much of anything copied in from other locations, other than some typical blocks that were also created the same manner and never caused a problem before.

The XREF'd plan view is a simple 2D plan of the building.  There's nothing extravagent and no AEC objects were detected, even.  There's not a bit of 3d objects to speak of, in that file.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »
So in -08, I'm just trying to reload the title block xref of a drawing with nothing to it... it actually has absolutely no content other than two xrefs.  I have the model of my stair tower in model space via xref.  I have the title block in paper space via xref.

I changed the title block file, and was just going through the open drawings to reload the TB, and I get to the third one of the 4 or so, and ... it got to 68% and I don't know WHEN this part happened, but it says at the command line

"Reload Xref "X-Model": .\X-MODEL.dwg
Modeling Operation Error:
     Free store overflow.
"

So uh.

Am I basically screwed or what?  It's stuck.  What the heck does that mean?  I couldn't find anything here, and on the adesk fora all I could find was the normal two trolls bickering at each other about how each other's thoughts were stupid, while they didn't actually address the problem definitively in the first place.

Could this be a memory issue? Something about multiple drawings open and many viewports filling up the cache?
CAD Tech

Josh Nieman

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 01:16:57 PM »
MK, so the response from the reseller was that Autodesk's subscription center is goin' down from yesterday until the 25th, so I can't get it set up until the 26th to contact THAT tech support, but they offered their own version, which I think stumped the techie, because he ended up doing a search and I am reasonably sure he could only find the same sources that I did, as he told me nothing new and couldn't verify the claims and only offered more speculation.

His answer was that I may either need more RAM, or a faster HD, in case the HD wasn't handling the send/receives of info fast enough.  He asked how many objects were in the files.  In the file from the architect there are slightly over 15,000 objects when hitting a quick ctrl+a, and 598 objects in my model with only a couple dozen in my title block.

He says that any time you get more than 1,000 objects in a drawing, Autocad can start having poop fits like that.

I didn't feel to confident in trusting him... especially since I've had models FAR more complex than this and FAR more detailed and having FAR more xrefs in it, than this simple job, and Autocad had no problems.  This is a simple building frame for an additional exterior stair tower.  I've done whole fluid processing plants with numerous platforms of decent size, had the electrical, piping, mechanical, etc all modeled and xref'd into my structural model... and no problem.  Including the 2D site plan and survey as a base for my model that I built up from, xref'd in.  What he said did not make total sense.

Hopefully ADesk support can lend me a more helping hand once I'm able to get back with them.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2007, 12:47:00 PM »
I happened across another clue to this mystery.

The line preceding "Modeling Operation Error:"
reads as "     Missing integer in restore file."

This same error occurred during x-ref reloading, again.  Luckily good 'save' practices means I lost little to no work.

This is a file with the architect's plan xref'd into it, just the same.  They all do, actually, because of how my models are set up.

I have numerous files that contain 1 layout per file that have an xref of my building model in it "X-MODEL.dwg"
"X-MODEL.dwg" has the architect's plan xref'd into it, as well... so by trickle down, all my files have the architect's plan xref'd into it, through the hierarchy as follow:

A5.1.dwg (architect plan with over 15,000 objects in it) is xref'd into:
X-MODEL.dwg (~600 3d solids built on top of the architect's plan) is xref'd into:
S-01.dwg through S-10.dwg

Just by habit I usually just have only about 4 or 5 drawings open at a time, when I'm working on a job.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »
In the file from the architect there are slightly over 15,000 objects when hitting a quick ctrl+a

Said it before, all my chips are all on the arch. model being pooched.

I wouldn't listen to much of what your reseller said, sounds like he is quoting things he's heard, not drawing (pardon the pun) from experience. If I may be so bold.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 01:09:03 PM »
In the file from the architect there are slightly over 15,000 objects when hitting a quick ctrl+a

Said it before, all my chips are all on the arch. model being pooched.

I wouldn't listen to much of what your reseller said, sounds like he is quoting things he's heard, not drawing (pardon the pun) from experience. If I may be so bold.

You echo my thoughts exactly, on the reseller tech guy.

I'm going to see what I can do to audit/purge the heck out of the archie drawing, and dig into it's guts and see if there's anything funny going on.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »
If you change you mind about having me examine any of the drawings let me know.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
Well gawdarn.

I opened up Autocad after I killed it, and a windows error citing C++ Mishandled....  Runtime Error...  popped up.

I figure it may be some funky junk from cold hearted killing it, so I let it finish loading, then close it properly, give it a few seconds and open it again, in case there was some 'ghosts in the machine' from not being allowed to shut down proper, last time.

Upon opening it the second time I get a couple unhandled exception error windows popping up one after the other with no direction file cited such as if there's an exception error in AcCamera.arx or something, that happens now and again.

Third time was apparently a charm, but man.. I didn't even open a drawing yet (other than Drawing1, obviously) and it was already shooting the craps on me.

I'm going to dig through thoroughly, the architect's drawing, and if I don't find anything or it doesn't solve the problem, I'll send you a zip file of the etransmit of one of my drawings, if'n you'd be so kind.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 01:15:25 PM »
Would be my pleasure Josh ( c a d l a b s a t g m a i l d o t c o m ). You probably only would have to send the archi. model.

:)

Josh Nieman

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »
Would be my pleasure Josh ( c a d l a b s a t g m a i l d o t c o m ). You probably only would have to send the archi. model.

Sent.

Feel free to post results here, in case anyone has a similar problem.  In searching the internet I found no credible answers to the "Free store Overflow" error, so having some sort of documentation with thorough information would probably be nice for the swamp population in case someone else in the future comes across this curse.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 01:34:53 PM »
Rec'd, putting on gloves ...

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
Check yer email.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »
Rec'd, thank you.

Off the bat, file size is considerably smaller.

I moved the originals to a separate folder and labeled them as such, and copied the files you sent me to the folder so I wouldn't have to much with repathing my xref's, since I have them all set to relative path.

I notice no actual changes superficially speaking.  Still over 15k objects.  (Which will be a good test to see if the object limit spew I was told has any merit.)

Reloaded all my xrefs and now let's see how the day goes.  The error only occured every couple days, or daily at most, it seemed, so let's see what happens.

I'm curious what you actually did to clean it up though, if you don't mind.

Thanks again, kindly, for taking the time to help a frustrated CAD'er out!

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 02:53:18 PM »
Still over 15k objects entities.

I removed some objects, but no entities.

Did they load clean on your pc (sans errors)?

Regarding "How", ummm, sorry, going to go mum on that one.

As for "thanks" - my pleasure Josh.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »
You're right "entities" would be a more accurate term.  No errors at all, so far.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  The only time error windows had popped up, before, was after a lock up from the Free Store Overflow error, but I'm more hopeful now!

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2007, 03:25:01 PM »

Josh Nieman

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
I'm starting to think those non-freestore overflow errors I mentioned were unrelated and just coincidental.

I started up Autocad today, opened up Firefox to check the daily dilbert and various messages, and ... I get a error beep, while in Firefox, and see no error window.  I Alt+Tab until one pops up and it was Autocad... it was a fatal error, unhandled exception at hnvw9=85gn5w4958 (gibberish to me, no actual words) ... I hadn't even opened a darn drawing!!  Autocad had sat there idle for 10 minutes or so... I don't have autosave on, or any other auto-timed commands running.  It was sitting there idle with Drawing1 open.

I close everything, open Acad, and open up Excel to do some other work... same thing! 

While Autocad is closed, I also get a Microsoft Error, C++ Runtime Error with some other stuff (I have a HORRIBLE habit of closing error windows before REALLY reading what it is)

I leave autocad closed again, and then this pops up about 5-8 minutes later, while I'm tooling away in Excel.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2007, 12:43:12 PM »
I am about to just up and reinstall Autocad... *sigh*

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 05:00:27 PM »
Bugger. Are you sure it's limited to AutoCAD? What O/S? How old is the O/S install? AutoCAD install? What virus scanner are you running (MP guess Norton)?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »
Bugger. Are you sure it's limited to AutoCAD? What O/S? How old is the O/S install? AutoCAD install? What virus scanner are you running (MP guess Norton)?

No Norton, heck no.  I have an expired McAfee on here, but I actively use AVG Free Edition.

I've had no other troubles except with Autocad, and I only really use Outlook, Excel, Firefox, MS Paint, and the occasional GIMP session.  Autocad 2008 SP 1.  Windows XP, fully updated, been on here since I've been with the company... 2 years almost.

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 05:40:18 PM »
Sorry I'm without suggestions beyond a re-install.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 07:32:28 AM »
Still over 15k objects entities.

I removed some objects, but no entities.

Did they load clean on your pc (sans errors)?

Regarding "How", ummm, sorry, going to go mum on that one.

As for "thanks" - my pleasure Josh.

I'm just wondering. Why the hush on the how? Alot of us have to deal with drawings from outside sources and might find your wisdom helpful.
CAD Tech

MP

• Seagull

Josh Nieman

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Are you willing to tell me WHAT you removed, though?  I'm more curious about THAT than the 'how'.  As you may have noticed already, I'm not the type that would make heads or tails of whatever you told me about 'how' anyways.  I'm just curious about 'what' was removed as it'll help me predict and possibly prevent, or at least quickly assess, problems in the future.

Or not.  :)

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2007, 09:06:39 AM »
At home, where I had done this stuff on your behalf, I had created reports wgich detailed what was deleted. They're rather huge, and to a non programmer would be pretty boring piles of slop. I'll try to edit them down to something digestible and make them available to you, but that won't be unitil I get home and on said pc.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 09:33:46 AM »
At home, where I had done this stuff on your behalf, I had created reports wgich detailed what was deleted. They're rather huge, and to a non programmer would be pretty boring piles of slop. I'll try to edit them down to something digestible and make them available to you, but that won't be unitil I get home and on said pc.

Great, that'd be neat... even if you just scan through it and tell me "Arch. Dekstop library crap" I'm cool, don't put any more time into it than you have to... you've done plenty already!

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2007, 06:10:29 PM »
Check your PMs Josh.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2007, 06:32:08 PM »
Check your PMs Josh.

Thank you much!

The drawing MP listed the results on was a drawing I had not 'cleaned up' like I did the others, because I was not working with or using this drawing at all... I sent it as a 'control' just to see what was there before I cleaned up the drawings myself.  I found, though, that even though all the drawings (including the ones I use that he cleaned up) contained over 15,000 ENTITIES, still, I had no problems whatsoever with any of the errors I had previously reported.  I have been using Autocad and these drawings every day since I started this thread (including saturday and sunday) and have not encountered it since MP sent me the cleaner versions (after copying the originals to a backup folder of course) and otherwise 'cleansing' the drawings...

So what EXACTLY he took out that 'fixed' the problem, I cannot say for sure, but I know it wasn't any normal blocks or layers/styles, because one of the drawings I use, I changed all objects to the style "CASE" which is one I copied in from a purer drawing.  I changed every entity to a 'clean' style and exploded all blocks (yea, so what are you gonna do about it?) and purged out all block definitions listed.  The following list is from the drawing that I don't use that I did -not- do this to, as to list the contents of EVERYTHING in a drawing before the cleansing.  Now I'll at least have a comparison to draw if I run into this again.

There's a lot of ADT objects though, and like MP knew all along... that's most likely the root cause.
I'm using one drawing still, that was not one that he sent me, but rather one I cleaned up like I mentioned before... and it has had no problems.  So deleting all the AEC objects from ADT and purging all styles/blocks/solids/etc seems to fix the problem as well.

So there we go... the new error message "Free Store Overflow" is simply a symptom of an old problem, apparently.

Code: [Select]
202 Blocks deleted

*D132
    *D133
    *D134
    *D135
    *D136
    *D154
    *D155
    *D156
    *D157
    *D158
    *D159
    *D160
    *D161
    *D162
    *D163
    *D164
    *D165
    *D166
    *D167
    *D168
    *D169
    *D170
    *D171
    *D172
    *D173
    *D174
    *D175
    *D176
    *D177
    *D178
    *D179
    *D180
    *D184
    *D202
    *D203
    *D204
    *D205
    *D206
    *D207
    *D208
    *D209
    *D210
    *D211
    *D212
    *D213
    *D221
    *D222
    *D223
    *D224
    *D225
    *D226
    *D227
    *D228
    *D229
    *D230
    *D231
    *D233
    *D234
    *G198
    *G199
    *G200
    *G201
    *X54
    *X55
    *X56
    *X57
    *X58
    *X59
    -eqptb36
    -eqptb42
    -eqptp
    -eqptwl
    -peqlavw
    -peqwct
    -pewctef
    -pewctes
    01PARW03
    01PKYX01
    08PDNB01
    08PDNB08
    08PDRR02
    08PWIC01
    08PWIC02
    1-8
    15PTRL01
    15PTRL02
    220-OUTLET
    3070 ext door
    4' FLUORESCENT STRIP
    _KTI_AT_OPEN
    _KTI_AT_SWING
    _out003
    _rec002
    A$C0917603E
    A$C11917ED2
    A$C1B857035
    A$C21A45044
    A$C2EB653CB
    A$C396971FB
    A$C3EF468AE
    A$C51B14FA7
    A$C55A6427F
    A$C58576049
    A$C5B2408A3
    A$C5F6051C8
    A$C65231485
    A$C6B436680
    A$C6C92407F
    A$C6FC0589C
    A$C70183FB0
    A$C75F90667
    A$C76F9085E
    A-DEMO-ID
    Aec_Space_Tag_P
    AHEAD
    AHEAD_14
    arrow
    ARW
    break1
    BREAK2
    BRKLINE
    CATV
    CATV-EXIST
    CLG-HT
    COMM-PORT
    COMM-PORT2
    COMMPORT-FLOOR
    COMMPORT-FLOOR-EXIST
    diff
    DISCONNECT
    DOOR
    DOOR-ID
    DORPL01
    drschedule
    E-LIGHT
    E-LIGHT-SWITCH
    E-LIGHT24
    E-SMOKEDECT
    ELEC_MISC_BELL_P
    ELLIPSE
    EMERGENCY
    EMERGENCY LIGHT-NEW
    EXIT LIGHT
    EXIT-LIGHT-NEW
    EYEBALL-LIGHT
    FAP
    FLROUTLET
    FLROUTLET-EXIST
    GFI
    HVL
    I_ELEC_MISC_HORN_P
    I_ELEC_MISC_JUNCTION BOX - ROUND_P
    I_ELEC_MISC_JUNCTION BOX - SQUARE_P
    I_ELEC_MISC_MOTOR_P
    I_ELEC_MISC_STARTER - COMBO_P
    I_ELEC_POWER_QUAD RECEPTACLE_P
    I_ELEC_SWITCH_3 - WAY_P
    I_ELEC_SWITCH_4 - WAY_P
    I_ELEC_SWITCH_DIMMER_P
    I_ELEC_SWITCH_SINGLE POLE_P
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_36IN + PLATE_F
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_36IN + PLATE_L
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_36IN + PLATE_M
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_36IN + PLATE_P
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_42IN + PLATE_F
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_42IN + PLATE_L
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_42IN + PLATE_M
    I_PLUMB_GRAB_42IN + PLATE_P
    I_PLUMB_LAV_COUNTER 4_P
    I_PLUMB_URINAL_WALL-HUNG_F
    I_PLUMB_URINAL_WALL-HUNG_L
    I_PLUMB_URINAL_WALL-HUNG_M
    I_PLUMB_URINAL_WALL-HUNG_P
    I_PLUMB_WC_BIDET_F
    I_PLUMB_WC_BIDET_L
    I_PLUMB_WC_BIDET_M
    I_PLUMB_WC_BIDET_P
    I_PLUMB_WC_FLUSH - WALL_F
    I_PLUMB_WC_FLUSH - WALL_L
    I_PLUMB_WC_FLUSH - WALL_M
    I_PLUMB_WC_FLUSH - WALL_P
    KEYNOTE
    KEYPLAN
    LINEAR-AC
    M-SPRINKLER
    M-SPRINKLER-EXIST
    M-SPRINKLER-NEW
    N-LIGHTS
    NORTH
    NORTHAR
    ps-seal
    QUAD-RECEPT
    ra
    RECESS-INCAND
    RECTANG
    ROOMLABEL
    stair
    THERM
    TRUSS 4
    utility-sink
    WALL-INCAND
    WINDOW

22 Dictionaries deleted

ACAD_IMAGE_DICT
    AcadDim
    AcAec
    AEC_CLASSIFICATION_SYSTEM_DEFS
    AEC_CLEANUP_GROUP_DEFS
    AEC_DC_CONTENT
    AEC_DISP_REP_CONFIGURATIONS
    AEC_DISP_REP_SETS
    AEC_DISP_REPS
    AEC_DISPLAY_PROPS_DEFAULTS
    AEC_DOOR_STYLES
    AEC_ENDCAP_STYLES
    AEC_LAYERKEY_STYLES
    AEC_MATERIAL_DEFS
    AEC_MVBLOCK_DEFS
    AEC_OPENING_ENDCAP_STYLES
    AEC_PROPERTY_SET_DEFS
    AEC_VARS
    AEC_WALL_STYLES
    AEC_WALLMOD_STYLES
    AEC_WINDOW_STYLES
    ASE_INDEX_DICTIONARY

9 DimStyles deleted
228 Layers deleted
22 Linetypes deleted
41 RegisteredApplications deleted

MP

• Seagull
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2007, 07:07:41 PM »
Thank you much!

Just helpin' out a fellow swamper; you're most welcome.

jnieman

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »
This horse has reared it's head a couple times now.

Almost assuredly has to do with having an open file with xrefs in it... and also having one or more of those xrefs open.

Memory issues may also be something, though at time of error ACAD.EXE was only swimming in 900mb of RAM, and it's gobbled up to 1.5~gb for normal operating at times, so it's not like it's running out... I'm not running any other memory hoggy programs, either... and nothing unusual either.

*sigh*

here's hoping I hit save recently I guess.