Author Topic: 2005 LT student version support lisp?  (Read 1876 times)

Bethrine

2005 LT student version support lisp?
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:51:34 PM »
I have AutoCAD 2005 LT the Student Product Version. Does this not support lisp? (Are lisp and VBA two different things?) I would really like to be able to automate!

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: 2005 LT student version support lisp?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
No Lt versions support automation out of the box (OOTB).  You can buy third part apps that let you use lisp files.  I'm not sure about VBA, and yes they are two different ways to automate Acad.  Two different programming languages.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

deegeecees

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:58:47 PM »

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »
WARNING! You probably already know this Bethrine, but make absolutely sure you do NOT use the Student version to perform anything work related. You, and more importantly, your new employer, will be sorry if you do. A permanent "watermark" stating the work was created with a Student version will be placed on any and all plots, including those drawings that the student version edited drawing is inserted to.

If you already were aware of this, sorry. But I felt it was much better to be safe than sorry later.

Bethrine

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:35:59 AM »
Thanks guys! I'll check that link. I know about the water mark and thank you for the heads up anyway. If I hadn't known it could have ended up really messy, Ack!