Author Topic: Insert Block with Annotative Scale  (Read 8446 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Insert Block with Annotative Scale
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 03:43:44 PM »
I found HERE C# code to insert a block, and HERE the annotative options.

At this point, I'm going to go read about it.  I'm not quite ready to try and code it other than copy/paste
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Insert Block with Annotative Scale
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
I had a thought today that might work.  Whilst learning C#, I learned how to search a blocktable for a value, and if not there, insert it.  What if, (bear with me, as this is not the ideal choice by any means), we had a drawing that contained all our blocks, which we insert into the current dwg, and erase, thus defining all the blocks.  Then we can insert blocks via VBA and the ones that are annotative behave properly.  When we go to insert a block, check the blocktable for our "master" block.  If it has been purged, reinsert it to redefine our missing blocks, and move on to the block we want.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)