Author Topic: 'Failed to locate property set file' message when Publishing to Plotter  (Read 10646 times)

So my first question is, what IS a property set file?  I'm assuming it's something embedded in the architect's background drawings; maybe in a propety set definition?  I dunno.  Anywho.... this message shows up (on some projects, not all) when we use the PUBLISH TO PLOTTER option in Sheet Set Manager.  Basically what happens is this message pops up (or down) BEHIND the AutoCAD window and publishing will not continue until you click OK on the dialog box.

So any of you Architectural CAD monkeys out there know what this is and where I can find it to eliminate it??!?

Thanks!

Re: 'Failed to locate property set file' message when Publishing to Plotter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 08:49:58 AM »
Thanks, but I'm not sure any of those links help me.  :?

I don't want to redefine the propertysetdefs drawing, I just want to somehow eliminate whatever is causing this to pop up.

Any other suggestions??!?

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 01:53:54 PM »
I think IF the originator of the file were to perform an E Transmit then you should get the files you need.
This is connected to the display representation sets assigned within ADT.

Otherwise, you might need to open and Save As, to ACAD to strip out the missing information.

Perhaps the DWG Trueview might remove this extraneous information from them?
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »
I think IF the originator of the file were to perform an E Transmit then you should get the files you need.

I don't know if they are doing an eTransmit.  I'll have to check with the cadd guy working on the project.

This is connected to the display representation sets assigned within ADT.

It is??!?   :?   I thought it was associated with an AEC style like the Property Set Definitions and/or Property Data Formats.

Perhaps the DWG Trueview might remove this extraneous information from them?

I don't think we have the latest version and getting the IT guys to install is like....well.... something that's really REALLY hard to do....almost quite definitely impossible.  :x

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 03:56:33 PM »
from the second link:

Define new property set definitions

Open the PropertySetDefs.dwg file.
If you work with imperial units, this file is stored in the \...\Content\Imperial\Schedules\ folder. If you work with metric units, this file is stored in the \...\Content\Metric\Schedules\ folder.
From the Documentation menu, choose Schedule Data > Property Set Definitions.
In the Property Set Definitions dialog box, choose New.
Enter the name of the new property set definition created in the Modify the existing block definition procedure and choose OK.
Repeat step 4 for each new property set definition you created in the Modify the existing block definition procedure.
Choose OK and save the PropertySetDefs.dwg file

so, I guess technically it ISN"T part of the display rep sets.....sorry...however the file you need is the one shown in RED above
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 03:59:25 PM by mjfarrell »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 04:22:06 PM »
Awwwww Koala!!  This files doesn't exist ANYWHERE on my computer OR the network!   :pissed:

How the....??  :realmad:
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 04:34:14 PM by Maverick® »

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 04:45:20 PM »
Matt,  happy to help....only I don't have that file here either.    :wink:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 01:16:20 PM »
Matt,  happy to help....only I don't have that file here either.    :wink:

Ummm...okay... so what's the deal with that file?!?  SHOULD it exist?  I'm confused.  The help file says one thing but my computer says something else.  Is the help file not up to date (naw... THAT can't be it  :roll:)??

If anyone has that file, could you please post a copy of it?  I'd like to add it and see if this issue goes away. Thanks.

mjfarrell

• Seagull
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 05:14:05 PM »
Try this nugget:

You will also need to create a file to hold the Property Set Definitions required by your tag, place that file in the same folder as the tag or one folder above the tag and specify that file as the source file in the _AecAnnoScheduleTagAdd command string. In previous versions, this source file was called PropertySetDefs.dwg, but you can call the file by any name you like, as long as you get the name right in the command string.

As it seems you don't 'need' that file exactly..... :ugly:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell