Author Topic: Dyn Arc Size  (Read 4968 times)

akdrafter

Dyn Arc Size
« on: October 25, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »
Hello All,

Attached is a dyn that has arcs in it and I need help in figuring out how I adjust the arc size for different widths of the two vertical lines.

I am not sure which param/action set would be the easiest. To me... the easiest would be to have a vis state with the different geometry already defined. However, as was explained to me... using lookup tables is another option... which I am exploring. This is a simplified "part" of another db I am working on.

There are (3) widths and (3) arc radius's. I am not sure how to make the endpoints of the arc adjust for the different widths. I was thinking a point param would be the way to go, but not sure how to implement it. I have added an xy param for each arc so that I could add them to the lookup table. This may or may not be part of the solution... I don't know... but for now it is there so that the combinations can be seen in the lookup table. I was also thinking that I may need to stretch the length of the (2) vertical and horizontal lines as the size of the arc changes... again... not sure. I'm just not sure what the different possible solutions are.

dwg v2004 (db is in the drawing)

Ideas? Suggestions?

Also, while I am here. Do you have to add (2) stretch actions to make the vertical lines stretch about the midpoint between the (2) lines?

Thanks!

Kate M

Re: Dyn Arc Size
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:26:40 PM »
You need a linear parameter for the radius of the arc, a scale action with an independent base point, and one stretch action for each line to adjust.

I did the right half for you, you get to do the left. :)

akdrafter

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 01:34:50 PM »
Kate,

Thank you. I knew there had to be a combination of params/actions.

One thing I wish was better in the db editor was the resizing of the labels and such. Gets very busy when you have a lot of params and actions. Find myself zooming in tight, regening and then zooming back out so that I can see the geometry I am working on.

Thanks again Kate.

akdrafter

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
Kate,

Like this? :-)

The angle offset was confusing me. Still does kinda, but I think I get the jist of it.

Again... Thank You!

daron

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 03:23:14 PM »
You might also set a maximum and minimum distance on that distance param. I set it to 0 and when attempting to restretch it was a little wonky. So, I set the minimum to 0.000001 and it keeps it from being useless. Also, if you don't intend to scale the size of the block, you could set the maximum distance to 0.5. Even if you do intend to scale it, if you can set the radius then scale the block a 0.5 should be good. If you let it stay anything larger, you get lines that are inverted to the arc. Very nice trick none the less there Kate.